SASS Wire Forum

Duelists unite!!!

Rye Miles #13621

What I may do is just make a small leather holder just like the badge holders & attach it to my gun belt.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may just make a leather holder similar to the badge holder and attach that to my gunbelt.

40 minutes ago, JohnHenryQuick said:

I just had some wine, so forgive me if this does not come across properly.  I envision this as something I would want to join because it's where the cool kids hang out, not a reward because someone has judged me worthy.

25 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Rye,

FWIW, My reasoning was one for my SASS badge, pin, buckle/medal wall displays in my office, one to wear, and one for backup in case the one I wear breaks.  If it is one, thats okay, the display case will not get one.  I know I ordered an extra SASS badge for my display case.

I also like the idea of a "creed" of some kind,   

Also, my question: once we start wearing are pins & explain what they are for, if we see another Duelist who wants to join our group do we just refer them to you or will there be something specific set up?

CTW

10 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

I was thinking along the same lines as Charlie T Waite. I want more than one so they can be displayed in various places without having to constantly moving one pin from place to place. 

Okay, I understand!!! I thought they shouldn't be handed out to anyone. They might get into the hands of ...GASP.......Non Duelists!!! We wouldn't want that to happen!!!:P

18 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Okay, I understand!!! I thought they shouldn't be handed out to anyone. They might get into the hands of ...GASP.......Non Duelists!!! We wouldn't want that to happen!!!:P

Good lord NO! These would be strictly for personal consumption. Yeeeeeee gawd. Can you imagine if one of them squaw grippers got his hands on one?!?!? :wacko:

I should have stated why when I said how many, it would have saved some confusion...:rolleyes:

Ya know I am getting to the age where instead of not saying something because of what might happen to ah what the heck, say it an sit back and enjoy the fun...:lol:, Who am I kidding, I am already there.

How many votes are there now vs how many want more than one pin. I would think perhaps 200 might go quick.

Rye and Dorado, would you want to do a collection for those that want to help buy the first pins and then sell / distribute them or just have each person that wants them chip in to buy what they want?...

I shot what's called traditional style when I first started then switched to gfer for several years got tire of shooter and other not knowing the rules and getting away with cheating by mention of first gun, right gun eats Tyler misconceptions.  Then tried frontiersman until I got tired of having to load during each stage and having to carry all the accessories to load them up.  At one eot Texas ghost and another cc lord talked me into shooting classic cowboy at that time I thought I had possession of my first 87, but didn't and didn't have a hammered sis at the time so as soon as I relived the 87 was missing I put out Fe alerts for a TTN and Johnny meadows got me one and got it ready as soon as I got it I switched to cc except at a few local monthlies in the summer where I shot duelist or FCD depending on the ammo I was using up.  Now I was going to stay with cc for a while since I've bought several sets of cuff and matching leg ware`

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

How many votes are there now vs how many want more than one pin. I would think perhaps 200 might go quick.

Rye and Dorado, would you want to do a collection for those that want to help buy the first pins and then sell / distribute them or just have each person that wants them chip in to buy what they want?...

I would be willing to buy the first 100 if I get a promise for people to join! I'll take their word, after all it's the "Cowboy Way" right??? I would include a "creed" of some sort so we have to see what the shipping will be. I'm thinking if the pins with shipping is under $10.00 that should be okay, if ordering multiple pins the shipping wouldn't affect the price, it would just be whatever the pins cost is.

Thoughts??

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I would be willing to buy the first 100 if I get a promise for people to join! I'll take their word, after all it's the "Cowboy Way" right??? I would include a "creed" of some sort so we have to see what the shipping will be. I'm thinking if the pins with shipping is under $10.00 that should be okay, if ordering multiple pins the shipping wouldn't affect the price, it would just be whatever the pins cost is.

Thoughts??

Rye and Dorado, you have my commitment / promise to join as well as an offer to help, just let me know what you would want me to do.

CTW

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Thoughts??

Well I try to avoid thinking whenever possible but this all sounds good to me.

Wah.... This took off suddenly again.

Here are my thoughts

1) Rye has offered to front the cost on the first 100. I don't feel right about making him do that even though he'd get reimbursed. However that is the simplest way. Once we get a pin designed and get a price then I think we could either pool our money or have Rye front the initial costs. But with the several people we have that want multiples I think we need to order closer to 200.

2) We need to have one or two people to distribute the pins at cost. The more pins we order the less cost per.

3) We need a creed. Something simple. Something fun.

4) Duelists only. DD is fine. No Squaw Grippers.

Once we get the costs of the pins then we can figure out how to handle that part of it all.

Rye and Dorado, just a thought but you might want to have an admin pin this thread for the time being.

52 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Rye and Dorado, just a thought but you might want to have an admin pin this thread for the time being.

Or just start a new thread......14 pages is a little intimidating.

A Facebook page for the group might be something to consider as well.

1 minute ago, Black Hills Barb said:

Many of us will have nut'n to do with FB. ;)

OLG

1 hour ago, Charlie T Waite said:

35 minutes ago, Black Hills Barb said:

At what point do they shut down a post? We could start a new one and Lumpy Grits has a good point not everyone does facebook but that could come later when we actually get this thing rolling! :)

48 minutes ago, Black Hills Barb said:

Not for a Duelist.  (Yes, the smack talk has begun. :P )

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

At what point do they shut down a post? We could start a new one and Lumpy Grits has a good point not everyone does facebook but that could come later when we actually get this thing rolling! :)

DON'T SAY THAT!  Don't EVER say that!!!  Even if it's true, DON'T SAY THAT!!! :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Many of us will have nut'n to do with FB. ;)

OLG

yep

I'd like to start another thread about this as soon as the current poll closes. Speaking of that.

Today is the last day to vote. Voting ends tonight at 2300cst or 11pm cst.

https://goo.gl/2YY6Dq

Also, I don't like FB. I avoid it when possible.

48 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

DON'T SAY THAT!  Don't EVER say that!!!  Even if it's true, DON'T SAY THAT!!! :ph34r:

Don't you have your 'safe-place' to go to? You know, that little room with the crescent-moon on the door. :D :P

OLG

39 minutes ago, Dorado said:

I'd like to start another thread about this as soon as the current poll closes. Speaking of that.

Today is the last day to vote. Voting ends tonight at 2300cst or 11pm cst.

https://goo.gl/2YY6Dq

PLZ forgive my 'dum'(stifle yourself, Shooting Bull^_^), where may I see the pictures of the items in the survey?

TNX,

OLG 

21 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

PLZ forgive my 'dum'(stifle yourself, Shooting Bull^_^), where may I see the pictures of the items in the survey?

TNX,

OLG 

Silhouette would be something like this.

cacd7952d24e28f78a65eb2a400ebf74.jpg

20170701_202007.jpg

Badge pins would be like this with either a star in middle as above or a SAA instead of star.

4 hours ago, Dorado said:

4) Duelists only. DD is fine. No Squaw Handers.

I missed most of the thread, and no time to get caught up.  What's the feeling on gunfighters?  We shoot one handed too, after all.  It'd be fun to have a club I can actually get into

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I missed most of the thread, and no time to get caught up.  What's the feeling on gunfighters?  We shoot one handed too, after all.  It'd be fun to have a club I can actually get into

Gambler,   to minimize any info about Gunfighters (JEDI) on this thread,  can you send me an email at:

widder1894@icloud.com

I will be away from the computer for the next 3 days but if I get your email this evening, I will reply tonight.

TNKS,

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Over compensating......:ph34r:

Just joking. You gunfighters have the Jedi counsel. Talk to Widder. Despite being a gunfighter he's alright.

Archived