Duelist is a state of mind

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

so is insanity......:P

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

So what exactly are you implying???:wacko:

Self Awareness...:lol::P:lol::P

34 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

So what exactly are you implying???:wacko:

not implying anything....saying straight out that yer nutz......

9 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

not implying anything....saying straight out that yer nutz......

"Why Mary are we cross? Does this means we're not friends anymore? Why if we weren't friends I just don't think I could bear it!":P

23 hours ago, Dorado said:

People! People! People!

We're having ourselves a run-off from our three top runners. Voting starts now and lasts until Wednesday July 12 at 2300cst or 11pmcst.

https://goo.gl/2YY6Dq

Due to the antics of some joker who thought they could mess with the last poll, security is set high from the get go. Only ONE VOTE PER PERSON is allowed.

bump it up there!

Just now, Calico Mary said:

we're friends????

I thought so but my real friends don't call me nutz!!

Just now, Calico Mary said:

I hope they don't call you fruit.....

:blink:

Rye, sat at sandusky I shot stage 5 duelist and came in second on that stage by .05  can I join too!!?? hehe

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How long do ya think it would take to get 100 members???

I believe it will go to 100 in a heartbeat if it's shared at the local level. What would be cool, IMHO, is if we could number the badges with a simple stamp upon order. Just a thought. After Rye, I'll take #2. :P BTW, I'm ready & willing to share in the upfront costs.

DC

27 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

Rye, sat at sandusky I shot stage 5 duelist and came in second on that stage by .05  can I join too!!?? hehe

Rye, say NO...........:P:).....

1 minute ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Rye, say NO...........:P:).....

pretty pleeze!!!  it's so cool to shoot the pistols while holding shotgun between pistols,,,

wud love to see a stage at wr or eot,,, rifle,, shotgun pistol shotgun pistol shotgun!!!!

18 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

pretty pleeze!!!  it's so cool to shoot the pistols while holding shotgun between pistols,,,

wud love to see a stage at wr or eot,,, rifle,, shotgun pistol shotgun pistol shotgun!!!!

YEP or PRSP would be good start

2 hours ago, Don Coyote, SASS #63736 said:

I believe it will go to 100 in a heartbeat if it's shared at the local level. What would be cool, IMHO, is if we could number the badges with a simple stamp upon order. Just a thought. After Rye, I'll take #2. :P BTW, I'm ready & willing to share in the upfront costs.

DC

Good idea, BUT...if you number the badges, they will be nearly impossible to replace when the owner looses one of them.

And trust me, some of them will get lost.    And even if you don't trust me, some of them will still get lost... ;)

..........Widder

On June 23, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Sounds like a lot of work!!! Whew!!! I'll see what happens and how much attention it gets. It may be alot of work but it would be pretty cool! 

BTW I like Doc Shapiro's "Zen Duelist"!!! Also Pat's "Shootists!!! That's good too!

Maybe Zen Shootists???

Well I'm Buddhist (though not Zen technically, but close enough), and shoot double duelist (Why? Because I can), so I'm in!

9 hours ago, Don Coyote, SASS #63736 said:

DC

I don't think we'd planned on numbering anything. It only would confuse things, MHO.

9 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

Yea but you can only get a partial pin, if it's the sillouhette, you can have the ......uh....bottom of it!!! :lol:

On 7/8/2017 at 8:49 PM, Dorado said:

People! People! People!

We're having ourselves a run-off from our three top runners. Voting starts now and lasts until Wednesday July 12 at 2300cst or 11pmcst.

Due to the antics of some joker who thought they could mess with the last poll, security is set high from the get go. Only ONE VOTE PER PERSON is allowed.

Just bumping this up and giving it more visibility. This will be the last go round. Vote now or forever hold your peace, or riot if you're of that sort....

Please don't riot....remember...we all have guns.....

13 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

I hope they don't call you fruit.....

They call him....Tater Salad....

12 hours ago, Don Coyote, SASS #63736 said:

DC

I think hitting 100 would be extremely easy. I'm really thinking that we should probably order 150-200 pins from the start. If we split the upfront costs it really wouldn't be too expensive.

9 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Good idea, BUT...if you number the badges, they will be nearly impossible to replace when the owner looses one of them.

And trust me, some of them will get lost.    And even if you don't trust me, some of them will still get lost... ;)

..........Widder

I have to agree with you Widder. I think numbering pins would be a pain. It'd be one thing if they were belt buckles or regular large badges. But pins.....no I think they should be left unnumbered.

Put me in for 2 of them and I'll kick in some to cover the upfront costs.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What?...You called?...The message confuses...:rolleyes::D

Wrong number.

Put me in for a couple as well...So where are we at on the poll?

2 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Put me in for a couple as well...So where are we at on the poll?

The poll ends tomorrow night. Right now we have 48 votes. No sign of tampering.

Thanks Dorado

No problem.

So as a rough estimate. How many pins do y'all think we'll be needing?

I'm thinking 150-200. I think if we order 100 we may run out awfully quick. Especially so if people not on the Wire want to get in on this. With that many it should be able to cover us for a while. That aught to be enough for people wanting two or possibly three.

I will take two.

By having two very similar options against one very different choice, the poll is diluting the preference of the Ranger Badge w/Pistoleros.

Recomend when counting the results the two ranger badge with Pistoleros votes be added as one against the silhouette choice.  

I would like one Badge , and if there numbered I would like the Number 66.... I am badge Number 66 in two CAS clubs and shoot 66s ....

I shoot FCD ..................... Let me know where ta send the money ...

Jabez Cowboy

I'll take 3, just need to know where to send the gold, method of delivery and how much to send.  Question, once we start wearing are pins & explain what they are for, if we see another Duelist who wants to join our group do we just refer them to Rye or will there be something specific set up?

CTW

People are saying, "I'll take two or three", wait a second!!! I thought this was going to be something that's awarded for your commitment to being a duelist. I would like to include a "creed" of some kind (which I'm working on) to go along with the pin. Something like what you get from SASS when you register your alias and join. This ordering 2 or 3 pins is not the way I expected this to be. One to each person was my original thought. These are not supposed to be given out willy-nilly!!

Any Ideas about this concern???

Rye

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

People are saying, "I'll take two or three", wait a second!!! I thought this was going to be something that's awarded for your commitment to being a duelist. I would like to include a "creed" of some kind (which I'm working on) to go along with the pin. Something like what you get from SASS when you register your alias and join. This ordering 2 or 3 pins is not the way I expected this to be. One to each person was my original thought. These are not supposed to be given out willy-nilly!!

Any Ideas about this concern???

Rye

I just had some wine, so forgive me if this does not come across properly.  I envision this as something I would want to join because it's where the cool kids hang out, not a reward because someone has judged me worthy.

Rye,

FWIW, My reasoning was one for my SASS badge, pin, buckle/medal wall displays in my office, one to wear, and one for backup in case the one I wear breaks.  If it is one, thats okay, the display case will not get one.  I know I ordered an extra SASS badge for my display case.

I also like the idea of a "creed" of some kind,   

Also, my question: once we start wearing are pins & explain what they are for, if we see another Duelist who wants to join our group do we just refer them to you or will there be something specific set up?

CTW

Archived