SASS Wire Forum

Duelists unite!!!

Rye Miles #13621

Something strange is happening with the poll. I don't know if someone's been having fun with the vote button but we have 140 votes right now. It blew up over night.

https://goo.gl/mYzwzW

Voting ends tonight! Vote now if you haven't already.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was probably a Jedi Gunfighter tryin to hijack the poll or.....maybe the Russians!!!!:o:lol:

29 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It was probably a Jedi Gunfighter tryin to hijack the poll or.....maybe the Russians!!!!:o:lol:

If Rachel is the recipient of all those votes, then they could very well be the JEDI vote..... ;)

But I would honestly hope that No GF, Jedi or not, is voting, especially in a manner to taint the outcome.

My guess is that not to many GFer's are following this thread, but I surely hope a lot of Duelist are showing interest.

p.s. - I know RYE is just pulling my leg about the JEDI vote but I have to admit that its funny..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

If Rachel is the recipient of all those votes, then they could very well be the JEDI vote..... ;)

But I would honestly hope that No GF, Jedi or not, is voting, especially in a manner to taint the outcome.

My guess is that not to many GFer's are following this thread, but I surely hope a lot of Duelist are showing interest.

p.s. - I know RYE is just pulling my leg about the JEDI vote but I have to admit that its funny..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

As Raquel Welch was one of my first and deepest crushes I have to ask, who is this Rachel person you keep talking about? :P

5 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

As Raquel Welch was one of my first and deepest crushes I have to ask, who is this Rachel person you keep talking about? :P

Just because I'm young, handsome and rich doesn't mean I know how to spell....... :lol::lol:

BUT, I do know that 'Raquel' would attract my attention a lot more than a pin with a symbol of a 'glove' on it..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

ALRIGHT JOKER! We get it. You're so very clever thinking you can tamper with my poll. Little did you know that I have the option of limiting people to a single vote. Results are back to normal. All multiple votes have been deleted. No one has the option to change their vote or vote for multiple options now. All I had to do was uncheck the box that said, "Allow multiple votes?" Boom! Done.

Thought you were clever didn't ya? Damned troll.

VOTING ENDS TONIGHT AT 2300cst OR 11PMcst. It is now limited to one vote per person no multiple votes. If you haven't voted yet, NOW'S YOUR LAST CHANCE!!!!!!

I am following this thread...just like watching Rye in action...no not voting or anything just want to see the trouble Rye gets himself into...:P

Do the results now show the correct amounts because Gauntlet went from almost zero to 32 in just part of a day.

13 hours ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

Do the results now show the correct amounts because Gauntlet went from almost zero to 32 in just part of a day.

I checked the results by IP addresses, I had over 60 responses from someone in Philadelphia. I had to increase the security to the highest level offered. Results reflect most current result. Luckily they track all votes and I can switch between security settings and see the results. I'm going to accept the most secure results. I'll post those in just a second.

RESULTS ARE IN!!!!!!

In Third place with 17 votes is the Ranger badge with a SAA instead of Star. Still emblazoned with Pistolero.

In Second with 17 votes is the male Silhouette.

And in first with 22 votes is the Ranger Star badge with Pistolero engraved on it.

1. Ranger star badge 22 votes
  2. Male Silhouette 17 votes
  3. Ranger SAA badge 17
  4. Gauntlet 16
  5. Single SAA on Poker Chip 4
  6. Crossed Dueling Pistol 4
  7. Crossed SAA pistol with Pistolero ribbon 3
  8. 3D printed SAA pistol 1
  9. Cavalry saber above a gauntlet with a SAA emblazoned on it with a Pistolero Ribbon 1
  10. Fem Silhouette 0
  11. None of the above 0

Total of 85 official votes 374 unofficial.

I'd like to thank everyone for their votes. And to whoever was messing with my results, pray that we don't meet in a dark alley.

Oh, Sorry for the wait on the results. I had a bit of an emergency fishing trip. I wanted to go fishing. It was an emergency.

I've been playing with the different pin options from GS-JJ.com. I can order as few as 50 but get better prices at 100 or 200. I'd like to know about how many y'all think we'd need. We had 85 votes for the pins. So I'm thinking that 50 wouldn't cut it, 100 may be coming close but that'd leave us with only a dozen or so spare so we'd end up having to order more fairly soon. We can probably get 150 if I ask nicely. I'd like some more input before running with this.

With the large number of selections, no choice got an absolute majority.  I suggest a runoff election with the top two (or three) choices)

5 hours ago, Dorado said:

I've been playing with the different pin options from GS-JJ.com. I can order as few as 50 but get better prices at 100 or 200. I'd like to know about how many y'all think we'd need. We had 85 votes for the pins. So I'm thinking that 50 wouldn't cut it, 100 may be coming close but that'd leave us with only a dozen or so spare so we'd end up having to order more fairly soon. We can probably get 150 if I ask nicely. I'd like some more input before running with this.

How much is the cost of 100 or 200?? Maybe we can get three of us to kick and and buy them, we will then become the "board"??? How's that idea? I'll kick in some or I'll fund all of it but then I become dictator!!! :lol:

2 hours ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

With the large number of selections, no choice got an absolute majority.  I suggest a runoff election with the top two (or three) choices)

Capital idea.

2 hours ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

That's not a problem. I'll get that set up and we'll have a run off. About how long should we run it? Considering how late it is today, I'm thinking running it to Wed.

1 hour ago, Shooting Bull said:

Dorado, can you refresh my memory? About how much is each pin going to cost?

The different amounts have different costs usually about $2 each.

This is their pricing chart for their 3D/Cutout pins. The different metal finishes don't change cost much. The attachments and bags are free as is up to 4 color choices.

Their custom Soft enamel is much cheaper but wouldn't work on a badge design. We'd be looking at $130 roughly.

This is just from me playing with their Automated Quoting system. Once we settle on a design I can talk to them and get a more accurate quote.

This Custom Lapel Pins is Die casting allows for more dimensional detail compared to striking

Great for cutout lettering, faces and designs with intricate outer shape

43 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How much is the cost of 100 or 200?? Maybe we can get three of us to kick and and buy them, we will then become the "board"??? How's that idea? I'll kick in some or I'll fund all of it but then I become dictator!!! :lol:

We'd be looking at around $200 for 100.

People! People! People!

We're having ourselves a run-off from our three top runners. Voting starts now and lasts until Wednesday July 12 at 2300cst or 11pmcst.

https://goo.gl/2YY6Dq

Due to the antics of some joker who thought they could mess with the last poll, security is set high from the get go. Only ONE VOTE PER PERSON is allowed.

I voted for the silhouette. I have plenty of star badges.  I want a pin that stands apart from the rest, a pin that can be instantly recognized. You shouldn't have to read tiny lettering to differentiate it from every other badge. Don't hide the Duelist symbol amongst the pedestrian. Be proud. Stand out. Vote silhouette. 

I went with the Silhouette this time too. 

I'd be willing to chip in to help buy the first batch of pins. I couldn't wear one until next March but what the heck. I'll have something to look forward to. :D

That's okay Pat, Duelist is a state of mind and if you can't do it right now because of an injury we all understand!!<_<

On 7/5/2017 at 0:07 AM, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

duelist.jpg

As mentioned before, I too like a couple of the silhouettes as they can be viewed as cowgirl or cowboy,shooter shooting left or right gun, and in your on imagination, a double duelist or switch-gun duelist.  Personally prefer the half or 3/4 silhouette but voting silhouette regardless.  Pretty unique.

Maybe we can have poster size RW silhouette for our gun rooms. :D (Widder gets print #1)

8 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

As mentioned before, I too like a couple of the silhouettes as they can be viewed as cowgirl or cowboy,shooter shooting left or right gun, and in your on imagination, a double duelist or switch-gun duelist.  Personally prefer the half or 3/4 silhouette but voting silhouette regardless.  Pretty unique.

Maybe we can have poster size RW silhouette for our gun rooms. :D (Widder gets print #1)

Yeah, but every time I look at it I wonder if the shooter is facing me and shooting the left gun, or is the shooter facing away and shooting the right gun???  IT'S DRIVING THE OCD IN ME INSANE!!!

:D:D

14 minutes ago, JohnHenryQuick said:

Yeah, but every time I look at it I wonder if the shooter is facing me and shooting the left gun, or is the shooter facing away and shooting the right gun???  IT'S DRIVING THE OCD IN ME INSANE!!!

We need to get closer to the firing line....but is in front of us or behind us. :o

I've been following the thread silently.  I have tried GF & BW styles over the past 11 years for variety, but where I seem to do my best is as a Duelest, SD, DD or FCD w/44/40s, 45s and 32s and always come back to them as they seem the most natural for me; so count me in for the group.  I am glad that this really seems to be going somewhere.and although I have been silent to this point, I did participate in the voting and would be willing to help out if needed, just PM me.

CTW 

2 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

That is a very kind gesture Billy.   I don't know what I might have done to deserve it, but such a poster would adorn my gun room with honor and distinction.

BILLY, it looks like the Duelist are now moving right along and will probably have a nice foundation to grow into a well run organization.   

..........Widder

10 hours ago, Gunbutcher said:

I voted for the silhouette. I have plenty of star badges.  I want a pin that stands apart from the rest, a pin that can be instantly recognized. You shouldn't have to read tiny lettering to differentiate it from every other badge. Don't hide the Duelist symbol amongst the pedestrian. Be proud. Stand out. Vote silhouette. 

I went for the silhouette as well, I don't shoot with my prescription glasses so I can't read anything small.

Randy

2 hours ago, JohnHenryQuick said:

He must be facing away, John Henry. Otherwise he would be seriously breaking the 170 :D

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's okay Pat, Duelist is a state of mind and if you can't do it right now because of an injury we all understand!!<_<

Oh, I am doing it now :D and I agree, it is a state of mind. I do have a feeling, though that this winter I will be having surgery on my wrist. Kind of bummed about that. I figure that if I schedule after our cub's last match in November and get healed up before March I will be set.:D The only reason I am able to shoot one-handed is a wonder drug called Ibuprofen. I have a feeling at my next appointment the doc will recommend surgery, but I will put that off, if I can. If worse comes to worst - I will shoot pistolas left handed. I will miss...A LOT, but who cares? :)

Did I mention it is so weird to me to have to shoot 2 handed?

7 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

He must be facing away, John Henry. Otherwise he would be seriously breaking the 170 :D

Or is he eliminating the competition???  :D

If you're OCD and you know it, wash your hands,

If you're OCD and you know it, wash your hands,

If you're OCD and you know it, then your face will surely show it,

If you're OCD and you know it, wash your hands!

I just checked the current results. We've got two that are neck and neck. I haven't voted yet as I like both options and I'm trying to make up my mind. When it comes time I'll see what I can pitch in for the pins. I'd like to get this going as strong as possible.

I too, would be willing to kick in for the first batch of pins.  Let me know what that $ amount is, divided up among those making an effort to get this Duelist League rolling.

Archived