SASS Wire Forum

Duelists unite!!!

Rye Miles #13621

1 hour ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Pat Riot,

Good job. This silhouette can be viewed as left handed shooter, or right handed shooter and hence covers duelist and double duelists.

Sorry,Captain, but I just took this from a public domain site. It has no copyrights or proprietary status. I just thought it was a great example.

I wish I had that kind of talent.

I just remembered something. One thing you can do is take a photo of someone that is shooting Duelist. Preferably against a lighter background. Then take that photo crop it to the size you want the silhouette to be and copy it on a copier. Now take the photo off the copier and take the copy you made and make a copy of that. Keep repeating that until you have a good silhouette. Just keep copying the copy. It's actually pretty cool.

PR

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

A poll would be helpful!

I propose:

#4 Shootist Duelists

#5 Coolist Duelists

#6 Duelists

I'll get started on it.

4 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Could just keep it simple as #6 above, Duelists, or "The Duelists"

Personally I like having something a bit different. Yes we're Duelists, but I'd like the club name to be different than that. My own opinion though.

Alright I've done made a poll for the club name. I have six options if y'all want to add one let me know and I'll get it done.

Link to the poll follows:

https://goo.gl/RJctxK

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Click it.....you won't regret it....Maybe.

Voting starts now and ends at 12 noon CST on Sunday July 2. It'll automatically stop counting votes after that.

10 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Alright I've done made a poll for the club name. I have six options if y'all want to add one let me know and I'll get it done.

Link to the poll follows:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Click it.....you won't regret it....Maybe.

Voting starts now and ends at 12 noon CST on Sunday July 2. It'll automatically stop counting votes after that.

Dorado,

I was thinking on just building a bit on #4 - Original Pistoleers 

Just now, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Dorado,

I was thinking on just building a bit on #4 - Original Pistoleers 

make that #5 (darn keyboard keeps moving)

So instead of The Originals it'd be Original Pistoleers?

18 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

make that #5 (darn keyboard keeps moving)

Fixed the poll for you.

3 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

I'd like to see another option. I feel Pistolero de Uno Mano is too long. I suggest simply Pistoleros.

Added.

Thanks Dorado for putting up this poll! Great job! This is a great first step to see where this goes and also how many are actually interested.

Rye ;)

( I voted for The Original Pistoleers, Thanks Capt.R.Hugh Kidnme, it's awesome!!)

24 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Thanks Dorado for putting up this poll! Great job! This is a great first step to see where this goes and also how many are actually interested.

Rye ;)

( I voted for The Original Pistoleers, Thanks Capt.R.Hugh Kidnme, it's awesome!!)

Not a problem. Really easy to do, like falling off a log type easy.....

2 hours ago, Cholla Bob said:

"Pistoleros" got my vote

And we would have a theme song by Roy Orbison if we used Pistolero.  

Okay, I'm a meathead. I like Original Pistoleers but I clicked Duelist...Sorry. I clicked the name Duelist, moved my mouse and got "Thanks for voting". NO, it's not your site Dorado. I jerked the trigger. :mellow:

Something just too cool about the word Pistoleer.

29 minutes ago, Straight Arrow Hombre said:

Shouldn't there be an option of none of the above in the poll? I'm not trying to be negative, but maybe some folks aren't ready to settle on any of the proposed names. Just the meager opinion of someone that dabbles in duelist.  

There you go Hombre, a none of the above option. If you have any name suggestions let me know soon and I can add them in.

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Okay, I'm a meathead. I like Original Pistoleers but I clicked Duelist...Sorry. I clicked the name Duelist, moved my mouse and got "Thanks for voting". NO, it's not your site Dorado. I jerked the trigger. :mellow:

Something just too cool about the word Pistoleer.

I may have fixed that. Try again.

Please only vote once though.

Also, answer order is random. They change every time you look so double check that you're clicking the right one.

1 hour ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

And we would have a theme song by Roy Orbison if we used Pistolero.  

Roy Orbison hails from a small town near where I live. He's out of Vernon, Texas.

Just now, Calico Mary said:

is there a place ta vote for "Calico Mary is a brat?"

There fixed it for ya.

5 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

no vote necessary on that one.....:P

Guessin' we all know the results huh?

8 minutes ago, Big Boyd, SASS #41359 said:

I like

#7 High Noon Duelists

Vote on it then!

Just now, Big Boyd, SASS #41359 said:

Thanks - I did, once I got that far in the thread!

Thanks for getting this going!

Thanks for voting.

I figured that there's just no use in everyone bickering on this aspect so we might as well move forward with that part and get it behind us. That's also why I set it to go through the weekend so that people would have a chance to read all of this and vote.

2 hours ago, Dorado said:

There you go Hombre, a none of the above option. If you have any name suggestions let me know soon and I can add them in.

I may have fixed that. Try again.

Please only vote once though.

Also, answer order is random. They change every time you look so double check that you're clicking the right one.

Thank you and I did get it right this time. 

Curious as as to why many select Duelist. We are all Duelists that are voting, right? So why would you name a club within a classification the classification's name? Odd.

I am a Gunfighter.  (JEDI #235) I have shot Duelist a few times when stages have been written with that as my only option or when I chickened out of split pistols...I like it - I just prefer GF. 

HOWEVER, you nutty Duelists are HYSTERICAL and very entertaining! I'm pretty sure that the "cool" JEDI kids would sit with you nutty duelists in the lunchroom ANYTIME!

Hugs all around! 

Scarlett

6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I am a Gunfighter.  (JEDI #235) I have shot Duelist a few times when stages have been written with that as my only option or when I chickened out of split pistols...I like it - I just prefer GF. 

HOWEVER, you nutty Duelists are HYSTERICAL and very entertaining! I'm pretty sure that the "cool" JEDI kids would sit with you nutty duelists in the lunchroom ANYTIME!

Hugs all around! 

Scarlett

We love you gunfighters too even though you have to use BOTH hands!!!:P

After only a year of shooting I moved from traditional to gunfighter.  However, I have been a "classic" duelist for way longer.  However long the Classic Cowboy/girl category has been in place, that's how long I've been a duelist.  It's my favorite and by the looks of this thread I am in some pretty terrific company!

2 minutes ago, Black Hills Barb said:

After only a year of shooting I moved from traditional to gunfighter.  However, I have been a "classic" duelist for way longer.  However long the Classic Cowboy/girl category has been in place, that's how long I've been a duelist.  It's my favorite and by the looks of this thread I am in some pretty terrific company!

I believe the Classic category was first introduced at Mule Camp in 2002, I was shooting duelist and I had everything to qualify for CC except for a hammer shotgun but I couldn't come up with one in time! I went to Classic for a few years after that then went to FCD for 7 years now I'm SD and back to smokeless! What a ride!!:)

9 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I believe the Classic category was first introduced at Mule Camp in 2002, I was shooting duelist and I had everything to qualify for CC except for a hammer shotgun but I couldn't come up with one in time! I went to Classic for a few years after that then went to FCD for 7 years now I'm SD and back to smokeless! What a ride!!:)

Then I am guessing I may have started in 2003 or even 2004 because it probably took an official vote to make it an official category.  Thanks for the info.  I've often wondered but never did the research.  I use a lever action shotgun because I never liked the doubles when I shot them originally.  Adding hammers to them was certainly not going to improve my feelings.  :lol:

Been wanting a lever action shotgun. The 1887 is just so damn cool and fun looking. Eventually I'll get me one.

Well, Alexander Hamilton was a duelist.  He came in second.
We can make our badges out of ten-dollar bills.
Has anybody got a spare ten-dollar bill?

23 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Rye ;)

Rye,

Sure thing. It was just a build on whichever one of my fellow duelists had put in The Originals. I'm not really that creative.

I also figure the acronym "TOP" looks neat too.

Archived