SASS Wire Forum

Duelists unite!!!

Rye Miles #13621

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Pard, I was  just bustin' your chops. :D 

No issue or problem at all. Just an attempt at levity. 

I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I was high on ice cream. :lol:

Best Regards,

PR

No problem my friend.   I was just gonna bow out because I was thinking that the Duelist needed to be more involved in this thread and not a GF.   But if I think I can contribute to this worthy effort, I'll share my thoughts.

BUT, I sure wish I could eat some of that Ice Cream but blood sugar dictates otherwise.

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Dorado said:

I LIKE IT!

I wouldn't do the Templar thing. But How about Knights Magistri, you know Knights Master! I'd be down for that. Or Magister Militum, Master Knight.

You could change the shield. Make the gauntlet smaller so that it's holding a SAA across the top, the marshal on the bottom, and put a Ribbon under stating something like "Magistri una Manu" Masters of the single hand.

Also, I've been to two largish matches and I was the only duelist competing. I like winning first but I'd like some competition. I'd rather lose but have some fellow duelists than win by default.

I will also state that shooting Duelist makes shooting Outlaw much easier.

Just for info purposes, I don't think you can legally incorporate the SASS Marshal into your logo or symbol.   Its a copyrighted/patented logo belonging to the Wild Bunch/SASS.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

No problem my friend.   I was just gonna bow out because I was thinking that the Duelist needed to be more involved in this thread and not a GF.   But if I think I can contribute to this worthy effort, I'll share my thoughts.

BUT, I sure wish I could eat some of that Ice Cream but blood sugar dictates otherwise.

..........Widder

Absolutely! :D

I know what you mean about Ice Cream. I am no longer considered diabetic, but I was. 

Will we all git badges?

I switched to Classic Cowboy two years ago, changing from a two handed shooter to a duelist.  I have to admit I enjoy shooting one handed way better!  For me it just seems right.  Anyway I am up for whatever you folks would decide to do... Sure sounds fun to me!

Major wants a badge too.

I shoot Double Duelist Now and Enjoy it very much .

I just cant get Gunfighter down in my head .

Double Duelist is shooting one gun at a time just with each hand .

Gunfighter looks Kool as heck .

But shot much different then two individual guns .

Im game for shooting Duelist !

Just sayin

Rooster 

Oaky so we have to get a consensus on the name, (that'll take a while) then what? Rules on who can join, like at least one year as a dueIist or whatever.(??) I have no idea how to do a website and don't you have to pay for that? We have to come to a consensus on a badge design, (that'll take awhile) and then what?? I'll look into the ordering of badges, unless someone knows a really good place that's inexpensive! There seems to be a fair amount of interest in this. Let's keep going and see what happens!^_^ Am I getting ahead of myself on this??:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Oaky so we have to get a consensus on the name, (that'll take a while) then what? Rules on who can join, like at least one year as a dueIist or whatever.(??) I have no idea how to do a website and don't you have to pay for that? We have to come to a consensus on a badge design, (that'll take awhile) and then what?? I'll look into the ordering of badges, unless someone knows a really good place that's inexpensive! There seems to be a fair amount of interest in this. Let's keep going and see what happens!^_^ Am I getting ahead of myself on this??:rolleyes:

For reference, the Lord's Posse pins I had made were about $2.50 each when I order 100. I assume you have seen those?

You could just make a Facebook page for now, that's free.

Bubba, that's what I was thinking FB. As for the other stuff a name is probably a good place to start. Rye you started this so might i suggest you give a time limit for name suggestion. Then compile them then only Duelist vote. Once we have a name may give the rest some direction. My look to see what others orders do. Like the GF and i think CC has something etc.

EMN

15 minutes ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

For reference, the Lord's Posse pins I had made were about $2.50 each when I order 100. I assume you have seen those?

Thanks Bubba ;) So no badges just pins??? Okay I like it!!:)

1 minute ago, El Muerto Negro said:

Bubba, that's what I was thinking FB. As for the other stuff a name is probably a good place to start. Roy you started this so might i suggest you give a time limit for name suggestion. Then compile them then only Duelist vote. Once we have a name may give the rest some direction. My look to see what others orders do. Like the GF and i think CC has something etc.

EMN

Good ideas El Muerto and Bubba.;)

Jedi Gunfighter's get pins..and it's an option to buy the buckles..The Lord's Posse pins are close to the Jedi pins (size and style).I can email you my contact for the pins if you like.

Badges can be quite pricey, pins are relatively cheap.

I am a Gunfighter, but will help where I can Rye..

10 minutes ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Badges can be quite pricey, pins are relatively cheap.

I am a Gunfighter, but will help where I can Rye..

Thanks pard and don't forget your dad's a duelist!!!;)

If you can email the contact for the pins I'd be much obliged!

Rye, Count me in. We have a lot of duelists here in the west and it seems like a really cool thing to go for. Anything I can do to assist is a given commitment. PM  me for contact info.

DC

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Thanks pard and don't forget your dad's a duelist!!!;)

If you can email the contact for the pins I'd be much obliged!

OK will do a bit later. Yep, a lot of my good pards shoot Duelist! My Dad really enjoys shooting Duelist.

Well count me in. I have been shooting duelist sense 2010 and can't go back. Would not know how. Let me know how I can help. Tbone Dooley could put us in touch with a place to get buckles. He has been buy hundreds a year for several years.

1 hour ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

NOT Everyone does Facebook !

Or wants too 

Just sayin

Rooster

3 minutes ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

NOT Everyone does Facebook !

Understood, but for the time being until the funding is there... just saying.. unless someone wants to donate funds for a website??

On 6/23/2017 at 9:55 AM, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Sudds is a group of shooters who shoot Double Duelist style.  A gent in the Pacific Northwest created it about 15 years ago, and sold badges at his cost to anyone who wanted one.

I do not recall his name, but he posted a while back that he had gone on to gunfighter.  Don't know if he still has any badges.

Duffield

His alias was or is Checotah.  Not to confuse anyone but mine is Dustin Checotah. Checotah is the name of a town in East central Oklahoma. Just South of Muskogee.

I've had a SUDDS pin (No. 203) for quite a number of years now...Got it from the feller down in Oregon.

Started out in SASS as DD, never changed, Went to CAP & Ball (Frontiersman) about 15 years ago...Nothing is more fun 

nor challenging. :D

I like shootist.

I shot two handed for a year or so then went to Double Duelist. Being ambidextrous helped. I haven't won any matches except in my class as duelist. Usually when the good shooters stay home.  I got a SUDDS pin with the number 197 from Checotah.

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I vote we adopt Pecos Nick's suggestions for names and badge design. Absolutely love the gauntlet idea to symbolize Duelists. 

Archived