SASS Wire Forum

ALPO Question?

Smoken D

Alpo's Time thread got me to thinking.

Going from D.S.T. to C.S.T. in the fall, where you fall back on time. So, working a 12 hour shift now becomes a 13 hour shift. Should I get paid for that extra hour?

Now going from C.S.T. to D.S.T. in the spring where you spring forward an hour. Working that 12 hour shift now becomes a 11 hour shift. Should I get docked 1 hour?

Or just leave it alone since maybe I'll be working those 12 hour shifts in the spring and fall and just cancel each other out? Tough working that 13 hour shift but easier on that 11 hour day.

Worked as a security guard (around the clock) in 1980. Got shafted both times. When we lost an hour, and I pulled a 9-hour shift, they told me I worked midnight to 8 - eight hours. To pay me nine would screw up the bookkeeping. :huh: When we gained the hour, next spring, I made sure I was scheduled for graveyard. Get that damn hour back. :ph34r:

They told me I only worked seven, so paid me seven.

I started looking for a new job.

I know when I made out the Time Sheets at Amoco. You were paid the hours worked. 11 or 13 hours for the hourly. The hourly worked 4, 12 hours on, and 4 days off. Paid 1 1/2 for anything over 40 hours. Its what they voted for.

Those of us that were salaried, well working that one hour off early, or one hour over, never came up since worked straight days, 9 hours, M through F.

Sundays were double time, Holidays triple time. In all my time there, never one complaint about hours worked.

When I had a job where we worked three different tours, Daylight, Afternoon, and Morning, we got paid regular time for a standard shift, plus added shift differentials for the Afternoon and Morning tours.  The time changes always occurred on Morning Tour, in the dead of night.

We did not get paid for that extra Morning Tour hour we worked in the Fall, when the time regressed.  But, we did get paid for that Morning Tour hour we didn't work in the Spring when the time advanced.

whew!!!

Archived