SASS Wire Forum

Summer Memory

I remember it well...it was summertime when Dad taught me to swim. I had been hanging around the house, and mom had about enough. So she told dad to get me out of the house. We went down to the local swimming hole, which was a wide, deep part of a local creek. There, without warning, he unceremoniously threw me into the deepest part of the swift creek waters.

I really didn't have any problem figuring out how to swim...it came pretty natural. But I had a hell of a time getting out of that burlap sack full of rocks.

creekk.jpg

Good times. Good times.:lol:

Ha. Yep that's a good laugh. Glad I didn't learn that way. But it did remind me of going to grandmas in Tennessee every summer. The wide, deep part of the local creek was called the Sally Hole. That's where I learnt to swim. Never could figure out why they called it that. Lol

You wuz lucky, Mark. :)

I had to share MY sack with a bunch o' cats ~ and they wasn't happy one bit!  :huh:  (Yeah, they all learned to swim too, once I got the bag open. ;) )

14 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I had to share MY sack with a bunch o' cats ~ and they wasn't happy one bit!  :huh:  (Yeah, they all learned to swim too, once I got the bag open. ;) )

And now we know how synchronized swimming got its start.

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So, why is your SASS alias not Claude Balz?

4 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

So, why is your SASS alias not Claude Balz?

That was awreddy taken by my cousin twice removed on my step-sister's side.  He don't swim so good.  :mellow:

Archived