SASS Wire Forum

the reason i question getting the colonoscopy in hindsight

Trigger Mike

during the prep i started having reflux.  I don't usually have that problem.  My chest started hurting mildly during the prep for the colonoscopy.  the reflux has worsened as have the chest pains since the colonoscopy.  Im not a big fan of reflux.  I wonder if somehow it had an adverse effect in the upper GI

Good suggestion. Call the doctor. I have dealt with reflux for many years and was not bothered by it when prepping for either of my colonoscopies.

My wife has had reflux for years. The prep  has never bothered her. Check with your doc.

Look... I am a nobody.... but I think you may have two separate health issues.  Not sure how a colonoscopy.... can cause "reflux"?

Have you gained weight lately?  Started sleeping flat on your back?  Any change in the foods you eat?  There are a bunch of reasons for reflux.

"Google"

I don't have reflux... never have... but my older brother choked on his on vomit years ago... because of it.  His SASS name was Tom Slick.  After that...  I looked into it. 

ts

46 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

it seems the medication for the prep triggered it but i figured it would pass.  it has not, i will mention it to my doctor 

Do so ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could well be somedangthing else go'n on!

OLG

For the reflux, take over-the-counter Omeprazole for a couple days IF nothing else were going on.

BUT, BUT,....if you're having persistent chest pain, I suggest you go to the nearest good emergency room (ER) immediately, before you do anything at all.  I suggest you go there right away.  

I had acid reflux for years and took prevacid like candy.  Anyway went I went for a colon scope  they went ahead and did an endoscope on me and found a malignant esophageal cancer which they got with micro surgery at Oschners inNew Orleans I was very lucky

10 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Ain't that how's it done.........:lol:

OLG

Depends......   I have a colostomy and my normal access point is sewn shut.  You get the idea....

Just now, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I ain't go'n there----------:o:lol:

OLG

After I got it 20+ years ago, my wife said to me...you used to be an A hole, now you are a perfect A hole....who else do you know that doesn't have to use any paper!:lol::P

Archived