SASS Wire Forum

Smokin Guns..outstanding match.

Jackaroo, # 29989

Smokin' Guns at Rabbit Ridge was again another outstanding annual event, put on by the Mississippi Rivers Rangers, on a fabulous range setting.

Congratulations to all that made it possible, I know I'll miss someone, so we'll leave it at that.

As it fell on Memorial weekend..as always, the tribute to those whose served in the forces (including myself from the South African Military) by Deuce McCall was wonderfully done.

Both the opening ceremony (probably the best opening anywhere I've been) and the flag raising as well as the tribute brought tears to everyone's eyes. 

Then to cap it all a tribute to Easy Lee, who founded the club and was an all round cowboy, who just loved our game, may he rest in peace.

Members carried a memorial tombstone bearing his name down to boot hill on the range.

For those who follow our Adventures of Jack n Kat page on facebook you can see some pics and videos. 

It was my first time to be there and I have to agree with everything Jackaroo said. Don't think I've ever been to a shoot and met as many shooters as friendly as the bunch I met there.  The salute to the vets was done really well. I've been telling my shooting buddies back here at home that they have to make the trip at least once, and then they will probably have to go back. 

Thanks to all that helped put the shoot on:wub:

All I can do is double down on what Jackaroo and Ben have already said.  This was my first time in Byhalia, and I have to say it was a first class match in every way!

DUECE McCall and the gang did a great job as usual!  Been to 19 out of 20 and they were all good!  Easy Lee set the bar high and these folks kept it there!

Archived