SASS Wire Forum

Taylor Island Girls

Cooncan

I don't think they are called that any more.  They are now known as Stallions, Lightnings or P jrs. Depending on who is importing them from Uberti and if they are birds head or plow handle grips.

CC,

I could find little reference to the Island Girls models but assumed from the small hands reference that the OP was looking for a smaller framed revolver

7 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I don't think they are called that any more.  They are now known as Stallions, Lightnings or P jrs. Depending on who is importing them from Uberti and if they are birds head or plow handle grips.

All the above are smaller framed than regular SAA revolvers. My better half shoots them and loves hers.

Dave and Cooncan,

Yep.  The Island Girl was a Standard SA Frame.  The only "real" change was to a slightly thinner grip.  More like today's Gunfighter Grips.  Best bet for smaller hands, as Dave mentioned are Stallions, P Jr, etc., ALL the importers call them by a different moniker.

51 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

They stopped making them in 2007. That is the last time I see them in Taylor's catalog, at least. Saw some used ones sell in 2012 and also New old stock ones.  Was just hoping someone had some they didn't need any more. 

31 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Dave and Cooncan,

Yep.  The Island Girl was a Standard SA Frame.  The only "real" change was to a slightly thinner grip.  More like today's Gunfighter Grips.  Best bet for smaller hands, as Dave mentioned are Stallions, P Jr, etc., ALL the importers call them by a different moniker.

3 hours ago, Cooncan said:

I'll look into those. I called Taylor they made no mention of like products. 

Here is a link to the same pistols but from Cimarron. Lightning® & Model P Jr

All of them are made by Uberti and imported under Uberti, Taylors or Cimarron names

Not sure if he still has them, this was in 2014, saw the may 5th and didn't notice the year, but i think these are what you are talking about.

Good Luck!!

Asa

Archived