SASS Wire Forum

Farewell, Classic Cowboy...

As much as I hate the thought, I've come to the conclusion that if I'm gonna continue to play this game I'm gonna have to change my strategy. The arthritis in my wrists is to the point that shooting one-handed is no longer an option so I'm moving to one or another of the two-handed categories. I've shot CC for so long that it sorta feels like I've lost a friend...

Look at it like you're expanding your friends...  and maybe, you'll have as much fun?  You can still dress like CC and shoot a style that is comfortable given your arthritis. Then, maybe once in a while you'll feel good enough to have a "reunion" with your CC friend!

Hugs, 

Scarlett

I hear ya Charlie. You have my sympathy. I had Arthur move into my knees.

I ain't a doctor but I noticed you live in OR.   Does the weather and such in your area enhance the symptoms of your arthritis?

Just curious.

..........Widder

7 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I hear ya Charlie. You have my sympathy. I had Arthur move into my knees.

Hurts, don't it?

8 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Look at it like you're expanding your friends...  and maybe, you'll have as much fun?  You can still dress like CC and shoot a style that is comfortable given your arthritis. Then, maybe once in a while you'll feel good enough to have a "reunion" with your CC friend!

Hugs, 

Scarlett

I'll definitely have as much fun, Scarlett. And I always dress right. I may not shoot the fastest but I look good doin' it!

55 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

I ain't a doctor but I noticed you live in OR.   Does the weather and such in your area enhance the symptoms of your arthritis?

Just curious.

..........Widder

I live over on the dry side of Oregon, Widder. I sorta think the weather actually helps some

A friend of mine once said, "Don't fight with your hobby". I went from BP to smokeless, from a hammered shotgun to a hammerless and from dressing Classic to just being comfortable! At 70 yrs. young I'm entitled to do as I please and enjoy my sport! ;)

25 minutes ago, Noz said:

Hurts, don't it?

Yep, sure does.

Not as much as quittin' would howsever.

Much wisdom in the several replies.

Matter of fact if I try to make any comment I'll end up with my boot between my pearly whites.

That happens often enough the way it is so I'd best exercise caution and keep hush.

When I first started this game like many I shot in the Wrangler category but I always dressed Classic Cowboy. Now I shoot Classic Cowboy. You know what? I did not have any LESS fun when I shot two handed in Wrangler looking like a Classic Cowboy.

Dress up in your classic attire and shoot something, anything. It's all worth it.

Get some practice shooting two handed. I shot one handed so long that when I went to two-handed due to wrist pain for a few months it was SOoooo awkward.

Sorry to hear about your pain, Charlie. But, I would bet you still have a good time trying something "new". :D

Charlie my friend 

Sorry about the art in your wrists, you gotta do what you gotta do to enjoy this game. I'm sure you will still dress as you have in the spirit of CC even if you'll be shooting two handed. May take you some time getting use to not shooting dualist but I'm sure you will adjust. The important thing is you will still be enjoying the folks you shoot with and burning powder.

Scout

All y'all have said it right; I'm still gonna dress the part, and still have the fun, just at a less painful level... :D

And it most definitely feels weird shooting two handed...

Charlie, et al,

I am almost at the same stage in my shooting Career. I have been shooting a SAA for a very long time and never with two hands. But at my last two shoots, I really had to struggle to shoot my right handed revolver. I am used to doing a lot of two handed shooting in IPSC and modified Tactical pistol. But not SAs.  I've shot CC for a good while now, but if I am going to keep shooting CAS, I may have to go two handed; but I sure do not want to! I will be 76 on Sunday, and this "Arthur" thing has just started a year or so.

Getting old ain't for Sissies!  Cheers.  Hoss C.

On 5/29/2017 at 9:40 AM, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Much wisdom in the several replies.

Matter of fact if I try to make any comment I'll end up with my boot between my pearly whites.

That happens often enough the way it is so I'd best exercise caution and keep hush.

You just have to get out to Firelands and shoot with us!!! We're starting to think ya'll don't like us!!:P

Archived