SASS Wire Forum

Gregory Allman Passes

Gregg Allman passed away today. It was announced earlier today by Billboard Magazine.

One of the finest lyricists and singers of the Blues/Rock era, Allman fronted The Allman Brothers Band for more than 45 years as well as having his own separate solo career! He wrote hit songs such as Melissa, Midnight Rider, I'm No Angel, and historic jam songs like Whipping Post and One Way Out.  A Grammy Award winner and inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he also received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Music Academy and numerous other prestigious music awards.

On a personal note, he was one of the voices I most wished I could have had.  Members of my own band performed with him over the years, not only on stage all over the country, but in competitions, battle of the bands, when we were young here in Nashville.

Many of today's artists credit Gregg Allman and the Allman Brothers Band with being major influences! 

THANKS FOR THE MUSIC!!  You'll be missed!!!

Wow. He will be missed. He could lighten a dark day for me anytime. He and his music keep me going many days and nights. Rest In Peace 

I know how much he meant to you.  My sympathies.

RIP Greg

Cut:  "One Way Out"

Album:. "Eat A Peach" (1972)

Allman Brothers Band

RIP. Gregg .

Thank you my friend for all the memories !

Rooster .

Archived