SASS Wire Forum

Like the title says, I'm in the market for a pair of tuned Vaqueros chambered in .38/.357. I'd prefer 5 1/2" barrels. I don't care about consecutive serial #'s and other such things that don't have anything to do with performance; I just want a pair of quality pistolas that'll run with the big dogs. I know, I know I'm bein' pretty picky, but let's give it a shot anyway. Whatcha got, folks?

I just finished a set of new guns.  new models, 5.5 barrels, 357 stainless .  My short stroke and half cock actions, super black hawk hammers.  Full actions jobs and springs. And rear sights widened.   1900 shipped. 

20170527_102311.jpg

Blued 4.62" 357s action work by Mid Maryland Gun repair. Jug Browning & Cash Caldwell.

$1248 shipped

knock $48 off the price if you don't want the new Altamont bonded ivory grips. Original black grips will be included.

IMG_0090.JPG

Gents, thanks for the replies. Jay, I shoulda put a price limit on my original post. Those would be sweet, but they're out of my league.

John, sorry, I'm looking for 5 1/2's.

Folks, I'm hoping to find somebody with a pair of safe queens they'd part with...

Here is what they cost new.

Longhunter pretty much includes the action work at almost no charge.

http://www.longhunt.com/web/index.php?page=cowboy-action-shooting-ruger-new-sass-vaquero

Very seldom you will find them for less.

Hi Charlie,  why not buy a pair, put in a spring set, then shoot them for a while.  The ones I have felt were not to bad, you then could send them off this winter or when you saved up a bit of $.  Bullett 19707 

3 hours ago, Bullett Sass 19707 said:

Hi Charlie,  why not buy a pair, put in a spring set, then shoot them for a while.  The ones I have felt were not to bad, you then could send them off this winter or when you saved up a bit of $.  Bullett 19707 

I'm kinda starting to look that direction, Tom. It would fit my budget better 

Archived