SASS Wire Forum

Are Aguilar minishells sass legal

Blackey Cole

I was wondering if the above mention shell in 7 1/2 shot would be legal.

I'm thinking the are since it does meet the rules for shotshells as it doesnt mention shell length. It doesn't have any of the listed modifications.  I beleive I've seen them shot at a regional last year for fun but I'm not sure..  

your thoughts

I don't see why they wouldn't be legal. I would bet that they wouldn't always be reliable on knock-downs and I would think they would be awkward to load fast...In a SxS, anyway. 

They are spes'd at 1175fps with 5/8 oz. of 7 1/2 shot. That's actually a little more oomph that I thought they had.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/20rds-12-gauge-aguila-mini-shell-7-12-bird-shot

I looked at these online a couple weeks ago. Thought they might set too far down in my loops and be difficult to get out.

7 minutes ago, Lost Trail said:

I looked at these online a couple weeks ago. Thought they might set too far down in my loops and be difficult to get out.

And also hard to load in a double. Really need the length of a 2 1/2- 2 3/4" shell to roll them in the chambers. 

1 hour ago, Lost Trail said:

I keep one in my cart box just for fun, tell everyone it's my Gamer load. They are way too small to handle with my hands. 

Randy 

YES...they are LEGAL, but rarely used for all of the reason$$ mentioned above.

FWIW - I can get NINE in my '97 and they function just fine (WB test when they first became available).

There is a company making an adapter to use them in Mossberg shotguns (non-SASS).

Just the ticket for WB '97s that won't quite hold six 2-3/4 shells. Only one shorty needed.

Not so much for Cowboy shooting.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, Yusta B. said:

Just the ticket for WB '97s that won't quite hold six 2-3/4 shells. Only one shorty needed.

Not so much for Cowboy shooting.

Yes! Before I bought the Bodie Tom spring, I used one shortie and five regular shells. At a dollar per shell, the Tom spring would pay for itself in less than 35 stages. Hubby reloaded mine, so they were much cheaper. Still, it is much easier to just use and reload regular size shells.

Before the Featherlight AA Low Noise Lo recoil... I used the Minis for my wife.  She suffered a Brain Tumor and recoil was an issue after surgery.  We made sure the stock was cut to fit her.... recoil reducer added and shock absorbing recoil pad added.  The shorter shell had plenty of knock down in he SXS  and the added free bore gave less recoil and allowed her to shoot and compete.

PRICE to import them drove them into a place where they were hard to get.... I ordered them 10 cases at a time when they were easy to get and when letting new, young and recoil sensitive shooters experience the shooting game they were a game saver.  They were the right ammo at the time and have been replaced with Winchester AA Lites. 

Archived