SASS Wire Forum

What Just Happened? - Alternative WTC (ANSWERED)

3 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Eyesa:

Thanks for the review and will definitely keep the manual safety feature and decommission the automatic safety.

As for loading, practicing with Snap Caps has helped. You will; however, see in the Second Match videos that will be posted later, that ejecting my Winchester AA's became more difficult which will require my cleaning the shotgun.

Also, try polishing the chambers a little bit. It helped a lot with mine. If you do your own tinkering --Larsen Pettifogger did a great article in the Chronicle back around '08 or '09. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll see if I can find the copy I printed back when I did mine. Mine runs real well after the easy tuning he describes. I also did the  trigger reversal which is a 50/50 thing depending on personal; preference. Search the wire for the trigger reversal and I think you will find reference from me on Larsen's article. This game is just so much fun isn't it! Good Luck and enjoy.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Accidental discharge? Nah...you're supposed to say "I did that on purpose 'cause I love shootin' this shotgun soooooo much!" :D

As Peter Sellers said in "A Shot in the Dark," the first Pink Panther movie, "Everything I do is carefully planned."

14 hours ago, Attica Jack #23953 said:

Trying to figure out what just happened?  I am still trying to decipher your cowboy name, is it a name or a statement?

Jack:

It's a name. My alias is that I am a preacher seeking revenge for the killing of my wife and young daughter, thus Father Kit Garth. I shoot a Henry Big Boy Silver in 357/38 which is a cool looking gun, thus my nickname Cool Gun. All together, Father Kit "Cool Gun " Garth.

There's even more to the name, but that will be revealed in the future for now.

Hope this at least clears up the name aspect.

11 hours ago, Attica Jack #23953 said:

Still kind of confusing.........   When you go to a annual match, it will take two name tags for your I.D.

Jack:

It's not uncommon for SASS members to have lengthy names such as:

Justifiable Homicide Jeri

The Old Gunfighter Bob

Panther City Southpaw

Rufus Alyosis MacKenzie

There are even those that include a "nickname" within their name.

Andrew Jackson “Aforesaid” Bates

William “The Butcher” Poole

Marshall "Dead Eye" Davidson

If it takes two (2) name tags, I have no issue with that, otherwise they can write small. :lol:

On 5/24/2017 at 8:54 AM, Totes Magoats said:

Can't tell because of the music in the video, but it appears there was an AD when you shut the shotgun.  Do you keep your finger on the bang switch when you are shutting the gun or was it a malfunction?

Totes

Do I win the Cadillac?

Totes

3 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

Do I win the Cadillac?

Totes

Totes:

Yes you did....59282e2543d02_PinkCadillac-RESIZED.jpg.4b1dffc2ab74fdb5cc40db37a58e87d6.jpg....:o:o!!!

21 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Also, try polishing the chambers a little bit. It helped a lot with mine. If you do your own tinkering --Larsen Pettifogger did a great article in the Chronicle back around '08 or '09. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll see if I can find the copy I printed back when I did mine. Mine runs real well after the easy tuning he describes. I also did the  trigger reversal which is a 50/50 thing depending on personal; preference. Search the wire for the trigger reversal and I think you will find reference from me on Larsen's article. This game is just so much fun isn't it! Good Luck and enjoy.

Eyesa:

What a wonderful tip. I went through all the Cowboy Chronicles starting with 2008 and wouldn't you know it was in the last place I looked which was the November and December 2009 issues. :blink:

In the November issue, it appears on Pages 40-42:

592848666d77d_ReversingtheTriggersonaStoegerSSPartI-RESIZED.jpg.c197a2914c6e9489431bb163a38cc3a5.jpg

And in the December issue, it appears on Pages 40-41:

5928486c3dab2_ReversingtheTriggersonaStoegerSSPartII-RESIZED.jpg.963ecbe8cca0e980f9d61a4964021041.jpg

I have printed them out and will plan out some time to do all the modifications.

Thank you so much for the reference.

What we need is an index to the "How to" articles.:lol:

40 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

What we need is an index to the "How to" articles.:lol:

Eyesa:

OH NO......Don't let Allie hear about this. :huh::huh::huh:

That wouldn't be an Allie issue I believe. It would be a Chronicle thing and probably almost impossible this late in the juncture!

Archived