SASS Wire Forum

The Fresh Market: Guns are not Welcome

I can't personally verify this, but if true, I think we could find other places to shop...don't you?

CD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BREAKING: National Grocery Chain Demands Concealed Carriers Leave Guns Outside

Print

In typical knee-jerk liberal thinking, several anti-gun groups have managed to persuade stores in recent years to ask customers not to bring guns into their stores, as if that would somehow stop crime.

The Charlotte Observer reported in April of 2016 that The Fresh Market had become the latest chain to disallow guns on its premises, claiming that this will create a safer environment.

The group “Moms Demand Action” submitted a petition to the store with nearly 4,000 signatures, and rather than stand up for the Constitution, the store simply swept the Second Amendment under the rug because 4,000 people asked them to.

Most of these stores defuse MDA by semi-quietly putting out a press release that "asks" for customers to not bring guns into their stores rather than actually prohibiting concealed carry on store property. Here in TX both Chipotle and Applebees  prohibit open carry but they do not prohibit concealed carry.

While I think they all should tell MDA to pound sand I can understand wanting to remove their stores from having to make political statements by choosing one side at the expense of the other so they make a statement that falls squarely in the gray area inbetween. They do this because once MDA gets even the slightest concession even it it has no real teeth they usually move on to the next windmill and leave the business alone. Soon the stories are forgotten and things return to normal.  Although in this case the story is a year old. It was resurrected by a Mothers Day tweet reminding people to shop at stores that either prohibit or discourage open carry. Oddly enough one of the stores mentioned in the tweet HEB actually encourages concealed carry by its customers.

I find it interesting that almost none of these stores have any signage at the entrances to their businesses prohibiting firearms. You will only find it on their corporate websites. The exception are stores in Texas that wish to ban open carry. To legally do so they have to post a very prominent signs at every entrance in both English and Spanish that comply with the 3007 statute.

Here in Oregon, unless they put up a sign listing the ordinance by name and number prohibiting the carry of guns they cannot enforce it. In CA and NC all they need to do is put up a sign prohibiting carry and that is for concealed and open carry. If they ban me from carrying if I have never shopped there I don't shop there. If they put up a sign after I started shopping there regularly I tell the manager I will no longer shop there. They do not need my money. The Napa in my town put up a sign that they would not allow the carrying of guns. I told the manager I would no longer shop there. Apparently I wasn't the only one. The sign was down 2 days later.

I shared this on Facebook. We need to start boycotting these places and make them feel it in their wallets. Conservatives work, while liberals look for freebies how long can they last if we stand united.

Archived