SASS Wire Forum

BPCR Gunsmitth

Lee Shaver is in Missouri.  Not sure if that's beyond your driving range.

http://stores.leeshavergunsmithing.com

If you're shipping the gun to a 'smith, might as well go back to Shiloh.  I've had no problem with any work they've done for me.  I have two of their 1874s.

Many 'smiths have a specificity. Know'n what area of the rifle you are dealing with helps in the selection.

For example, if you are having an issue with the lock itself. You can mail the lock directly to Shiloh.

X2 about the loss of Dave!!-_-

OLG

Maybe Jimmie Summerfield , not sure where he actually lives , but it is somewhere in the Austin- San Antonio-Waco sphere. Contact Kenny Tebbe , former state BPCR director. He can probably guide you to him or some other competent smith.

Rex :D

On 5/23/2017 at 8:08 PM, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

BPCR = Black Powder Cartridge Rifle

Black Powder Cartridge Rifle is a separate discipline from CAS. Long range precision shooting. Generally with big single shot rifles such as a Sharps. Long range, very accurate.

JC, is that your pig gun?

Frankly, I'd simply take the stock off, build a lightweight wood-framed cardboard box, stuff the livin' heck out of it with foam... and ship it to Shiloh.  But, then again, I'd be inclined to load it up in my truck and drop by Big Timber.  The factory tour is worth it.  Take a drool rag.

9 minutes ago, Griff said:

Frankly, I'd simply take the stock off, build a lightweight wood-framed cardboard box, stuff the livin' heck out of it with foam... and ship it to Shiloh.  But, then again, I'd be inclined to load it up in my truck and drop by Big Timber.  The factory tour is worth it.  Take a drool rag.

Tell me about it. I just got my Shiloh in yesterday and now I want to tour the factory. 

IMG_1504.thumb.JPG.3e5862df227a4bb89f76398722c3124d.JPGIMG_1506.thumb.JPG.c19333c4f415c8d388a0dd9024aca0c0.JPGIMG_1509.thumb.JPG.ee9af04db06e4bb152ce3d15c9575fe5.JPGIMG_1511.thumb.JPG.2992d8d3aa20e7fc35b116a57197e957.JPG

Archived