SASS Wire Forum

Krazy Kajun is down but not out.

Badlands Bob #61228

Krazy Kajun was at the Ga State match this past week.  After shooting the main match shoot thru possee, shooting the black powder match and running around all day Friday, he was feeling poorly.  Saturday he wasn't feeling any better and his wife wisely made him throw in the towel and pack up the trailer.  After getting home, she took him to St. Mary's hospital in Athens, Ga.  He was having tightness in his chest and tingling in his fingers.  They admitted him and this morning they install a stint.  I just got off the phone with him and he's doing much better and expects to be released tomorrow.  He said they were going to change his medication and he would be normal again.  That must be some powerful medication if it can make him normal.  Anyway, keep Krazy Kajun in your prayers and we will all look forward to seeing what a "normal" Krazy Kajun is.

"Normal Kajun".   That don't sound as good as the Krazy part.

Anyhow, here's letting you know the Bunkhouse Boss and I are wishing you well and sending up a prayer for a quick and complete recovery.

..........Widder

Let there be a speedy recovery for Kajun and then back to business (uh, retirement I mean) as usual!

Being a Cowboy ain't easy KK, but, if it WUZ easy, they'd have the shoe clerks doing it!  Stay in the saddle.

My best wishes and my prayers to you for your recovery.  Hopefully you are on your way.

Cat Brules

I hope you get better fast.  Seems stints are pretty fast turnaround time.  Good prayers your way.

My prayers for you and your family...hope all is normal soon...lol...Jim

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Krazy Kajun was at the Ga State match this past week.  After shooting the main match shoot thru possee, shooting the black powder match and running around all day Friday, he was feeling poorly.  Saturday he wasn't feeling any better and his wife wisely made him throw in the towel and pack up the trailer.  After getting home, she took him to St. Mary's hospital in Athens, Ga.  He was having tightness in his chest and tingling in his fingers.  They admitted him and this morning they install a stint.  I just got off the phone with him and he's doing much better and expects to be released tomorrow.  He said they were going to change his medication and he would be normal again.  That must be some powerful medication if it can make him normal.  Anyway, keep Krazy Kajun in your prayers and we will all look forward to seeing what a "normal" Krazy Kajun is.

Here is the whole list ( https://www.dr-bob.org/tips/dsm5a.html ) but the insurance companies get antsy when you diagnose someone with ten or twenty (maybe thirty) things,  let's go with this one -     315.9   Unspecified neurodevelopmental disorder

in lay terms - that means "Engineer brain".   Take care of yourself Kajun.  We love you just the way you are. 

Glad you had the good sense to listen to yer better half.

As fer the "Normal" Kajun:  Krazy is Normal fer him so Normal is just gonna be Krazy. :wacko:

There you go.

Waimea

Prayers for his recovery.  I hope that both of us make it to Black Gold, even if it is just to sample the Copperhead juice.

Duffield

I'm gonna bring my camera when they say he's normal, cause I've never seen him in that state. Seriously, Kajun, glad you're okay!

You gotta quit this sickness stuff KK.  Glad you're better.  Can't wait to see the New Normal.

Prayers goin' up for 'ya KK, may you have a complete and speedy recovery.

Well, I see in my absence the Wire has been busy.  Leave it to Evil Bob to stir things up.:lol:

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who posted here, prayers work! Short version of the long story is that I had a 90% blockage in the same artery that already had a stent and they put in an additional stent in the same artery. Sawbones says I gotta rest easy for a little while and get back in the saddle slowly so I'll have to take a few weeks off from my weekly match shooting schedule.  Guess I'll have time to load more ammo!

I escaped from the hospital this afternoon and will be glad to sleep in my own bed for a change.  Those nurses make sure you get plenty of round the clock attention with their 2am blood pressure checks and drawing blood at 4am every night in addition to their daytime routines. I had some right friendly folks helping me out so I'd give the Sheraton St. Mary's Hospital in Athens GA a 5 star rating.

Leave it to Witch Doctor (a registered head shrinker for those that don't know her) to give me her  "sideways" diagnosis of "engineer's brain."  There's just a little bit of truth in that but don't tell her I said so.  ;)

They added an additional prescription to my list of meds so we'll just have to see how that affects me.  However, in repayment for all these fine remarks from the pards I shoot with regularly,  I foresee some pistol and rifle reloads on the clock and toting some absurd prop from shooting location to shooting location in my club's future.  Just fair warning.  After all, I'm taking match directing lessons from Evil Bob and Lord knows what this new wonder drug is gonna do to help my match writing skills to improve. :P

In all seriousness though, it never ceases to amaze me of the great sense of community and family that runs through the veins of our SASS shooting community.  We receive such support and concern by our fellow shooters, especially when one of us has a hick up in their life's journey, be it medical or family or anything else; there is always support and love shown by our shooting family.  Thanks again for all the texts, emails and Wire postings in my behalf concerning my heart problems....it means more to me than you'll know.

Lassiez les bon temps rouler ya'll,

Kajun

We have a local Pard with a similar history.

Left the monthly Eustis match for an hour+ drive home, not feeling well.

Arrived home, feeling worse.

Drove himself an hour+ to his preferred hospital in St Petersburg, feeling much worse.

At the hospital, immediate admission and more stints within hours.

Full recovery and still shootin'

Gotta love the dedication of our Pards!!!

Maybe start a new category for them.

"Sharp Stent Shooters"

Just sayin'

Amarillo Rattler

Hey Krazy,

Did you notice that the Pards who posted a good 'Get Well' and the emails received were from folks that you probably owe money.

But none of those folks who owe you money posted anything nor even send you a good email.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

..........Widder  (I'm a 7 stenter myself.....5 in the pumper and 2 in the neck).

Lassiez les bon temps rouler ya'll,

Kajun

merci beaucoup

Hope you are feeling a lot better.  Might need some of the bayou home made rumtiz medicine....

20 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I just hope they did something to improve his looks while he was in there!

:lol::lol:

Kajun

14 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Hey Krazy,

Did you notice that the Pards who posted a good 'Get Well' and the emails received were from folks that you probably owe money.

But none of those folks who owe you money posted anything nor even send you a good email.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

..........Widder  (I'm a 7 stenter myself.....5 in the pumper and 2 in the neck).

Widder....all those folks are wise enough to know not to lend any money to the likes of me..they're just kind souls is all.

Now 'bout them 7 stents......dang pard, surprised they even found a heart, much less patched it up that many times....you must own stock in the local hospital.  Is the cardiac wing named after you? :o

Kajun

Archived