SASS Wire Forum

Anyone getting excited yet?

Ruby Redsmoke

Actually I kind of am. Haven't been to it in 4 years.

A week away from work, shooting, nice scenery. 

Gonna drop some guns off with Aspen Filly to be engraved after the shooting, hopefully the laser engraver will be there to do some wood during the shoot. The hat compamy I've wanted to check out for 2 years will be there. 

So yeah, I'm lookin' forward to it.

Yea Rubes, we got Smokin Guns in MS this weekend,....have some more margaritas to bring plus every body else's gear.???

I could put a Fedex sticker on my van when we head across next month. :D:D:wub:

We've had some rains and late snow, so Founder's is greening up nicely in a New Mexico sort of way.  A number of wildflowers are making an appearance.  We had a pair of nesting Great Horned Owls on the Clay's course this spring, which was fun.  Some Mexican Grey wolves have been spotted in the area, but not yet on the ranch.   Everyone here is working overtime to get the town looking nice and everything ready, a number of improvements are done or underway.  Two of the bays have been dug out to a true 100 yards for long range.  New signs on the RV parking areas with the names of famous Western personalities (good and bad). 

I ain't been able to go to EoT since 2011 and it has been killin' me.

I am excited to go again. But alas, I have to wait one more year. UGH!

I shoore am jealous of'n all you pards what git to go this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked a great year Rafe.  Lot's of improvements to Founder's recently.  The road behind the shooting bays has been widened and rolled with fine gravel, the tents are all up, and things look great.

Archived