SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Shooters are the best

Captain Bill Burt

Georgia State is in the books! Congrats to Missouri Lefty for winning the overall and to Blackhawk Henry Georgia State Champ and to Maggie Darlin for overall Lady and Georgia State Champion.

The match was truly a great one; kudos to Fast Eddie and his crew!

This post is about something other than the match though.  My 11 year old son, the Iron Cowboy, decided to compete in the shootoff.  I encouraged him to give it a try, but warned him not to be disappointed as there were tons of great shooters competing.  

As luck would have it he drew Red River Ray for the first round.  Ray's reputation preceded him and my young gun was understandably nervous. 

Ray came over and spoke with him, coached him up and was incredibly kind. Due to Ray's big heart, the generosity of Missouri Lefty, and the kindness of Wabash Valley Slim the Iron Cowboy was able to participate in three rounds of the shoot off. 

Those three pards are class acts. They exemplify everything that makes SASS so special and they earned my respect and gratitude for treating my son so well.

Congrats Capt.  IME, it feels better watchin' the youngster do well than myself!  :D  Congrats to Iron Cowboy!

Archived