SASS Wire Forum

WTB Bolt for Uberti 1866

Anyone have a NEW bolt for a Uberti 1866 in 38 spl?  I have tried VTI and couple of other online sources and the part is back ordered.  If you have one to sell or maybe know of a source for this part please let me know.  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, WOODFOX , sass#34179 said:

Have you tried Taylor's ?

Woodfox 

definatly try them next, i'm sure tom has at least one somewhere around his shop

25 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

definatly try them next, i'm sure tom has at least one somewhere around his shop

Waiting for a call back from them.  Thanks

yeah, its their open house today and tomorrow, i forgot already...lol... i just bought a apri of 5.5" stainless uberti 58's while i was there and tom fitted the conversion cylinders from my pietta to them

Presently, you cannot buy "just" the bolt.  You have to buy a "kit" that includes the NEW and IMPROVED bolt, Extension Rod, Firing Pin and Return Spring.  Unless of course, Uberti has changed.

2 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Presently, you cannot buy "just" the bolt.  You have to buy a "kit" that includes the NEW and IMPROVED bolt, Extension Rod, Firing Pin and Return Spring.  Unless of course, Uberti has changed.

+1.  The OP did not say what kind of attachment is used on his bolt.  The old ones used a small diameter pin (and those were in at least two sizes) to hold the firing pin extension in the bolt.  The new ones use the forward link pin and a flat plate to hold in the firing pin extension.  There are no more of the old style bolts that used the pin so OP if that is what you have you have to buy the complete replacement kit.  What is wrong with your existing bolt?

7 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

+1.  The OP did not say what kind of attachment is used on his bolt.  The old ones used a small diameter pin (and those were in at least two sizes) to hold the firing pin extension in the bolt.  The new ones use the forward link pin and a flat plate to hold in the firing pin extension.  There are no more of the old style bolts that used the pin so OP if that is what you have you have to buy the complete replacement kit.  What is wrong with your existing bolt?

I need a new style bolt.  Reason, because my tab broke off, I sent the original to a gun smith for repair but that will take some time. I am hoping to buy and fit a spare bolt ASAP.  I now see it only comes as a kit, to bad but that's the way it is.

I believe I have one.  If your still in the search for one, let me know.  I am headin out to shoot for the day.  Be back this evening...That is the plan...subject to change, no doubt.  :D

Archived