SASS Wire Forum

CA DOJ New "Assault Weapon" Registration Regs

Subdeacon Joe

I didn't even try to read the linked document.   I seen a short list of the new regulations and it don't look good for gun owners or shooters in California.    

It's probably written in gobbley goop language so it can be interpreted an any way THEY see fit.  

3 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I didn't even try to read the linked document.   I seen a short list of the new regulations and it don't look good for gun owners or shooters in California.    

It's probably written in gobbley goop language so it can be interpreted an any way THEY see fit.  

Even worse than that.   If you call the CA DOJ they will refer you to your county DA for his interpretation of the law.  I saw one letter from the CA DOJ, just after the 2004 (I think it was 2004) AWB revision passed.  Told a guy that as far as the STATE of CA was concerned, his rifle would be just fine, nothing to worry about BUT better check with the DA because he might deem it to be an eeeevvviiillll, illegal, nasty, high powered, long range Assault Rifle and throw him in the clink for owning it.

What the hell good is it to have laws that apply to the whole state if the counties get to decide what the law is?   There should be only one standard for statewide laws.

Archived