SASS Wire Forum

Look'n Fer Big Boy Clothes

grenadier

I have a friend who has lost his job over a year ago. He is currently dealing with some major depression and I am trying to get a set-up to get him out of the house. I am loaning him the firearms for an event in a few weeks but unless he wears a rain barrel he will not have clothing. (although that idea does sound hilarious) So if you have anything in the 52-54 chest and 50ish waist, please let me know. I'll be doing this on a shoestring budget so please do not suggest the normal retail venues, I need used stuff.

Thanks!

Henely shirts are perfectly legal.  A 3X would fit him and are available everywhere.  I've gotten them at WalMart dirt cheap.  There is no shame in wearing a pair of jeans to a shoot and the rules guys have also recently announced that painters' pants are OK.  

I also find lots of used cowboy duds on Ebay.

Take a gander at Smokey's post.  Might want to PM him and see if he has any other duds he might help you out with.

8 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Henely shirts are perfectly legal.  A 3X would fit him and are available everywhere.  I've gotten them at WalMart dirt cheap.  There is no shame in wearing a pair of jeans to a shoot and the rules guys have also recently announced that painters' pants are OK.  

I also find lots of used cowboy duds on Ebay.

I agree!  It is about the shooting, not the dress. 

Grenadier,

I also wear "Cop pants".  Police pants with a yellow or red strip on them.  You can get them in "Adult" sizes up to 60; however, order 2 sizes larger.  Really.  Just do it.  Last pair I bought was $13, HEMMED!

Here are some for $20, but you can find cheaper.  http://www.uniformswarehouse.com/striped-polyester-slacks-68928.html

grenadier - if you need the vest from the other thread, it's yours! :)

(edit) 4 hours - too late, check's in the drop box at the post office. Ya gotta be quick around here!

Archived