SASS Wire Forum

Champions Forum

Kirk James

Thanks Gateway Kid.  I'm rather loosing motivation for cycling and have turned the circle back to shooting.  I can't keep up with these youngsters and I'm not going to try.  Just looking for some entertainment these days.

Kirk James, you really ought to contact the folks from whom you'd like input and ask if they will participate.  I would think it would be easiest for them if you were to pose specific questions that they could answer.  This will provide focus and allow you to explore various aspects.

22 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Interesting idea.  I do believe you'll want to keep an eye on comments and remove any that are disrespectful.  At some point I'd like to find a new online repository for the content from my book "Breaking the Shot", since I ended up taking down my website due to minimal traffic.  I had a tremendous amount of help from shooters all over the country and their collective wisdom shouldn't be lost.  If someone wants to host it, I can send over PDF's of each chapter.

There's always more to learn.  You have nothing to do but ask.

Breaking the Shot is a great read, still great info.

AO

On 5/17/2017 at 3:13 PM, Kirk James said:

Here is a link to the Champions forum I just started, feel free to check it out and share your thoughts. If you want to share any champion videos you have, feel free to email them to me (kirkjames4570@gmail.com). I am very new to this so it may take some time, but its a start!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrtJWMEGRBtI00yyyfC6APg

Thank you for starting this!! I have been shooting with SASS now for a year and love it. I think I have seen about everything on youtube on how to videos. It will be very nice to find everything in one place, and get the info right from the champions. After shooting black guns in the Army for 20 years then with BW for another 8 years I was humbled very quick like my first stage quick! This is a new world of shooting and I couldn't be happier to be part of it, a special thanks to CPT Bill Burt, Blackhawk Henrey, and Fast Eddie for all of the help they have given me to this point. 

As for the naysayers like the people that Deuce was talking about, well you will alway have that 10% in anything you do. Some people are just not smart enough to understand that not every tip or technique will not work for every shooter. You should be humble and thankful enough to understand that others are just trying to help you. 

Doc-Sorry it took so long to get back.  Would really enjoy having the book on the website as well as videos you would like to like to provide.  If you could send me a contact to my email I will give you a call.   I have started contacting other shooters and the idea of the website is being well received.  I have to figure out how to receive videos and send them to the you tube site. I have also added three more videos of my kids.   Thank you for your ideas and response.  Look forward to talking to you. 

Deuce, Gateway and Oklahoma Dee.  I would love to get your videos and websites included. We need videos of Duelist, Black Powder, and Gunfighters.  I realize everyone is getting ready for Winter Range.  Send me a note and I will contact you. 

CPJ  Thank you and look forward to shooting with you sometime.  Thanks to everyone else for their response.  Starting to get excited.  Need gunsmith, leather makers etc.

If anyone has a start up introduction with safety tips, getting ready for your 1st stage and general information; I would enjoy getting it posted.  If not I will try and get one made in the future.  Kirk James  PS  Enjoy the new videos of SASS Kicker and Cody James.

On 5/17/2017 at 4:14 PM, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

KIRK,

you've hit a home run with this idea and starting up that site.

Great job.   I look forward to watching more of these.

..........Widder

Widder, you've got a lot to

offer!  Maybe you can link your videos to that site!

Widder-Would really appreciate you linking and providing some videos.. Please send a phone no.  to my email.  Kirk James

Thanks Scarlett, but I'm not to sure my itty bitty vids can be construed as Champion forum videos.  So much other great stuff that Kirk will be wanting to use.

Thanks Kirk.   But I'm shy of about Warp 4 speed from being a champion..... :lol:

I have 3 short videos on YouTube on the 97 and some practice techniques that might be helpful.   If they are useful, then you are more than welcome to use them.   If you have other 97 videos that can be of more help, I will understand.

I will look them up today and email you those links.

..........Widder

• 1 month later...

Glad to see Widowmaker Hill showing his expertise in shooting a 97.  Three videos on the Cowboy Action Shooters Champions Forum for the 97 shooter.  More to come.  The videos are out of order but you will figure it out. 

Archived