SASS Wire Forum

WTC Shotgun Shells

Wyatt

30 minutes ago, Moog said:

I think the guy shoud have got 4 misses, a p, sdq,mdq,kicked off the range, the cops called pepper sprayed, tazed, and arrested. that'll teach'em.

Now Moog, that's no way to talk about Doc. Wyatt perhaps but not Doc.

Dave

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Moog said:

I think the guy shoud have got 4 misses, a p, sdq,mdq,kicked off the range, the cops called pepper sprayed, tazed, and arrested. that'll teach'em.

Hurrump, Hurrump!!!

15 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

I don't know if "egos" were involved in the decision, but the issue kinda "came to the table" when a member of the ROC left the line mid-stage to retrieve SG ammo from his guncart during a State Championship match shortly after the "unless the competitor is able to correct the situation, unassisted, while in the process of completing the stage under time" rule went into effect.

:ph34r:

I rather dislike that this is no longer legal. The comedic value of having the shooter realize mid-stage that they are short SG shells, stage their pistols, tell the TO "I'll be right back", run to their cart, Grab a handful of shells, drop 2 or three on their way back to the line attempting to stuff them into the belt, reholster their pistols, and finish the stage is priceless. 

As a TO, I always look at the shooter and I have asked many times "where is your reload, shotgun shells,/belts/ ect?" Usually the reply is "All S#$%" or I am shown that the shooter has it covered. As a good TO, I believe this falls under assisting the shooter and correcting the situation before the beep is the right thing to do. 

I have seen shooter run out of shotgun shells and use them off of the TO's belt, and after they shot the 6 or 8 took to the line and 2 or4 off the TO's belt on 4 targets, usually you hear the call for "More Ammo!!" I do not ever remember in playing this game where the shooter got a penitaly for running out of shells and using some from the TO or a spotter's belt. By that point in time, the train wreck has occurred and usually the shooter gives up as nothing is going to help their score at that point. I normally carry 12 shells on my belt and almost never go to the line with less than double the number needed to shoot the stage. I shoot a 20 gauge coach gun so extra ammo is not usually available at the line and if I have run out of ammo, misses on shotgun targets are not going to matter at that time in my score anyhow. If you come to the line with just enough for the stage, I can see telling them if they run out of ammo they will have to take the misses or suggest they get more ammo before the beep, but as it is said, the shooter owns the stage after the beep and first round  goes downrange.

One of the funniest things I remember was a shooter was shooting from the seat of a full size buckboard wagon. he picked up his shotgun and grabbed for shells and came up with a handful of empty air. He looked around and yelled "HELP". When we quit laughing, one the posse members grabbed his shotgun belt off his gun cart and threw it to him and he completed the stage. I know he did not get the penalty for illegal ammo but he ended up with about a 2 minute stage by the time he got his ammo. I think it was at an annual match (Fall Round-up in Milan) and we let him reshoot it as that was how things were done back then. This was sometime between 1999-2005.

:rolleyes:I like the idea of loaning them some Black Powder shells.:o

2 hours ago, Moog said:

I agree!!!!

With just 3 misses I would have beat the non-GF shooter..........AGAIN!!!!! 

20 hours ago, Null N. Void said:

I agree on the simple way to get the shooter the SG shells that he needs, which is what I said at the start.  However, I will follow the ROC directions whatever they were.  If necessary to send the shooter all the way back to prevent a problem I'd do it.  As PWB made the ruling, non of the extended options were necessary.  Handing the shooter SG shells or letting him go back to his cart after he safely stages his guns is great!

If you have pet peeves, please start another thread on them.  I'm just not that perfect all the time on terminology and people understood what we are talking about in relation to SASS rules.

NNV

The pet peeve was aimed at the pard who stated hammer down on an empty cylinder which will result in 5 misses, when what he meant was empty chamber. I am not alone in this pet peeve. So ease on up pard, no need to get miffed none of us is perfect. I just did not make a smooth transition between topics there and I apologize for the failing. The pet peeve was nothing to do with your rules concern. My bad...

1 hour ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

I have seen shooter run out of shotgun shells and use them off of the TO's belt, and after they shot the 6 or 8 took to the line and 2 or4 off the TO's belt on 4 targets, usually you hear the call for "More Ammo!!" I do not ever remember in playing this game where the shooter got a penalty for running out of shells and using some from the TO or a spotter's belt.

That is the exact  situation that brought about the "use of illegally acquired ammo " rule/penalty.  

3 hours ago, Moog said:

And that is just for using the 1st ill gained shell......after using the 4th shell, he'd have to kiss Pelosi square on the lips.

59 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

And that is just for using the 1st ill gained shell......after using the 4th shell, he'd have to kiss Pelosi square on the lips.

Gonna take some mind bleach to get ridda that'en.

3 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

That is the exact  situation that brought about the "use of illegally acquired ammo " rule/penalty.  

at EOT, by someone who shudda known better....it caused quite a ruckus among the ROC attending, it did!!!

5 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

at EOT, by someone who shudda known better....it caused quite a ruckus among the ROC attending, it did!!!

That was a classic example of allowing some practices at monthly matches that were not allowed at State+-level events.

Problem at the time was that there was no rule /penalty for doing so...it was just something that "everyone was supposed to know".

IIRC, the primary "offender" in that incident offered to take a SDQ before the ROC members present came up with the current solution.

Archived