SASS Wire Forum

Traveling to places I have never been

T-Bone SASS #36388

Ellie and Myself are headed north for most of the month of June. On the road by the 8th and home again after EOT. Plans are to hot foot it to  Deadwood meet up with Whiskey and Copperhead Joe. We will begin our trip there and turn the heard  to Texas, via S.D., WY. Co., N.M.,  We would like to meet and shoot with cowboys along the way, just to say we shot in another state, another club at another time. Flag us down and lets share a glass of momma sweet tea and visit a while. See ya in the Badlands T-Bone and Ellie

Sounds like a great adventure starting. Beavis and Butthead do America again. I envy you and the folks that get to meet you both for the first time. Just to remind you, I wear a 3x shirt.

Hi T Bone. 4 great clubs in SD. 1 shoots every weekend. SD and ND combined state shoot in Enderlin ND Father's Day weekend. It is one of the best state shoots anywhere. Stop and have fun with us

MCJ

June 17th at Pawnee Station in Nunn, CO.  Would love to see you there!

If you are traveling in an RV we can probably set it up so you can camp at the range that weekend.  And if you have a hankering for more shooting, we have a wild bunch match on Sunday the 18th and last I knew you could shoot the WB stages with cowboy guns if you wanted to, scored separately of course.

1 hour ago, Grizzly Dave said:

If you are traveling in an RV we can probably set it up so you can camp at the range that weekend.  And if you have a hankering for more shooting, we have a wild bunch match on Sunday the 18th and last I knew you could shoot the WB stages with cowboy guns if you wanted to, scored separately of course.

I second this....best club on the east side of Colorado....you won't regret it!

1 hour ago, Grizzly Dave said:

He's going to H.O.W. that weekend.

Well, I wish you a very nice trip, the Dakotas built some real fine cowboys and cowgirls and continue to, the mold isn't broke up there a hard land and a hard people.  Chey, of course is a legend in it's own time a place that the Buffalo, Antelope and Indian's truly roamed.  Where when its cloudy you better be prepared for some real rain, drops that can take you right off a horse. 

I understand that next to her beauty Ellie is renowned for her Sweet Tea. However, if you ever wish for more than Sweet Tea say something with more backbone such as straight Bourbon whiskey then you may find that considering Jerome Idaho's End of Road over Memorial Day to be worth its weight in fine spirits.  The following weekend the first of June is the Utah State match now Utah isn't known for fine whiskey but there are some cowboys there that have perfected the art of sour mash sipping whiskey and you'll have to enter that potlatch at your own risk.  The following week end June 9th, 10th and 11th is the Colorado State match, White Water, great range, great match and a couple or more cowboys that pour some real fine single barrel and you may find them breaking into song at the thought of good food, good whiskey, and good friends. The next weekend is Cortez, June 16th and 17th, the Revenge has been around a long time and while I'm told that in that part of the west, way down where the west lasted well into the Twentieth Century and even today the hard cases and the tough old breed that survived everything thrown at them without a bitch still show up from time to time.  In those parts a man that will not touch his lips to your bottle perhaps isn't to be trusted.  

Just a little food for thought.  Stop in for a drink sometime cowboy Pat and I will be glad to see ya

Tbone have you shot at ruidoso nm with the Lincoln County Regulators or in Las Cruces with the Picacho Posse.  2 no Saturday for LCR and 4th Saturday for the PP.

Lincoln County Regulators second Saturday of the month, would love to have y'all.

Gunsmoke Cowboy 

15 hours ago, Blackey Cole said:

Tbone have you shot at ruidoso nm with the Lincoln County Regulators or in Las Cruces with the Picacho Posse.  2 no Saturday for LCR and 4th Saturday for the PP.

Errr, I think he said he is going north....not west??

1 hour ago, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

so many great places to travel to.. I sure wish I could be a full timer RV and just go. Maybe someday we can but until then ????? Thanks for all the replies. T-Bone

That would be great - just as long as you came back to the Bar 3 for the third weekend every month !!

On 5/11/2017 at 0:55 PM, coloradoblackjack said:

I know it is a little early for your schedule but the Colorado State Championship is June 8,9,10th in Grand Junction.  we are also shooting the Mild Bunch World Championship on June 7th...

cbj

Mild Bunch?? 

Whimps :D:D:D:wub:

:D yea not going to make it this year buddy, but see you at EOT I guess.

Archived