SASS Wire Forum

I have to thank them too!!!

But unfortunately some people still won't post a photo. 

Photos sell the item. If I have to email you for photos, it's already taken too much of my time and will pass on what you are selling.

You bet this is a fabulous upgrade to the forum!  Its great but there has always been ways to post photos.  Most people seem to not want to figure it out but I think it was just an excuse.  I agree with Stone, there are still the majority of the ads with no photos with excuses why they cant post them.  Personally unless its something that I just have to have, I'm not going to fight to get photos and since I've been burned on this wire with buying something without photos, that isn't going to happen again either.  no photo, I'll pass.  

I asked all the questions and was told it was in great condition....  my bad when I opened the box and saw one persons "great condition" is much different then mine. It wasn't much money so I chalked it up to a life lesson.

I've said this before and was met with opposition.....  I belong to other gun forums with classified sections.  Photos are mandatory.  No photo, your ad is deleted.  Should be that way here.

For some reason talking about photos in ads has always been some sort of taboo subject and I never figured out why.

This is a test to see if I got it right. This is a photo out the back door of the house. Please let me know if the photo posted

IMG_0017.JPG

Looks to me like it worked. If so, this is great

Yee Haw! Don't feel like a dumb arse no more

23 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Yee Haw! Don't feel like a dumb arse no more

no somethings not right....  oh wait... I see what it is.  I'm not standing at the end of the pier with a fishing pole in my hand!

It would be nice if it resized the pic for you instead of saying pic is to big.

Not everyone is tec savvy !

If Nothing is posted for sale .

This post should be posted on the wire Not in Classifieds.

Just saying

Rooster 

13 minutes ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Let me try.

218b3483-407d-4237-972d-c7d21f96274a_zps638b730e.jpg

Whut's the price fer those 2 pistolas, Mr.?

Looks like yer takin' up donations fer breakfast!!!

:-)

;-)

Just so y'all know, Miss Allie reset the size restrictions on photo. It's no longer 51kb. I don't know what the limit is but I posted one that was 365kb yesterday with no problem. So, you can thank Allie Mo for taking good care of us since the new Wire come on. She has done a lot more for us than get the photo sizes increased. :D

This photo is over 970kb. I only posted it for demonstration purposes. It was some gear I sold.

IMG_2364.JPG

Now that the size restriction is gone I may have some success.

If I recall correctly way back SASS allowed uploading pictures.  Then enough cowpokes complain about the slowness of the forum.  The inexpensive route was to stop allowing the uploading of pictures.

Picture links to off SASS Internet sites doesn't requiring as much bandwidth (speed lost) as downloading direct from SASS

Let me try!  Found this on Green Up day near an old cemetery back in the woods! Thanks Allie for fixing this photo issue

Porcupine .jpg

This pic is 2.15 MB, Yee Haw  many Thanks to Allie and company.

5 minutes ago, Mack Hacker, #60477 said:

Is this available from my iPhone, or is it just available on a computer?

Mack, you bet.   Works great from an iphone, ipad or other mobile device.  

Well it doesn't seem to work for me?

Still telling me only max 51.2kb.

Are all the pics above a max of 51.2kb?

12 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Well it doesn't seem to work for me?

Still telling me only max 51.2kb.

Are all the pics above a max of 51.2kb?

This is a random photo I had of some muzzle loaders I saw at an antique shop.  Its 2.9MB.  Eyesa Hogg said his photo he put up was 2.15MB.  So it doesn't look like the 50k limit is still an issue.  I will say that I tried uploading a photo that was over 9mb just to see and it failed. I'm not sure it that was me or the forum but probably shouldn't be uploading that large of a file anyway.

IMG_5560.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG.172e0824ebea5b73daeb270772698293.JPG

worked very well for me.I love it.

Still tells me only allowed 51.2kb?? This comes up in another window after I have chosen the file pic and click on upload!

Even in this window i'm typing in now, at the bottom it's saying "Max total size 0.05MB

So go figure??

6 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Still tells me only allowed 51.2kb?? This comes up in another window after I have chosen the file pic and click on upload!

Even in this window i'm typing in now, at the bottom it's saying "Max total size 0.05MB

So go figure??

What browser are you using?  Explorer, Chrome,  MAC?  Version?    Also open a new page and type in sassnet.com if youre using a link to click on.   Just a guess but it sounds like your browser isn't refreshing like it should.  Its using an older cached page.    

If you have Windows explorer, while looking at the page, press Ctrl  F5 to try and refresh.    These are just a couple ideas off the top of my head I can think of.  

1 hour ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

So go figure??

Jackaroo-- The Porky pic I tried is 2.15 MB. I didn't have to hit an upload button on my PC, just clicked on the "choose files" below in blue and then double clicked the file on my PC. It uploaded all by itself. A pic that large will take a few moments to upload however, but pretty quick.

Archived