SASS Wire Forum

WTB Indian Wars Uniform

Looking for quality Indian War/Span Am five button blouse and wool trousers, hats and equipment

Not interested in imported Pakistani stuff.

Size 44 Chest and 36" waist, can go up a size.

BrenMk1@gmail.com

Second Coon creek I got my wool uniform and two custom made canvas pants and numerous cotton pullover shirts I even got my wb uniform from them. I made my own leather usually but did pick up a canteen and saddlebags from them the first set was early 1900 issue but were stolen when I had an auto/rv accident in 09. Second set was reproduction from a us vendor.  

It is so hot in Louisiana I made a uniform comparable to John Wayne's in the movie "Horse Soldiers".  I used  light blue cotton pants from Wah maker and sewed a yellow stripe on them and added a dark blue bib shirt with sergeant stripes.  I have a confederate uniform in wool with a vest and pants but I burn up in it.  If you are just doing the uniform for SASS consider cotton,  at 66 years old I don't think  wool is a requirement.  Irish Pat 

Mine is too large for you plus my wool set has a vest to go with it plus a wool pull over shirt along with the blouse and trousers.  I made my own belts I have both the two picece saber hanger plus the jet Stewart hanger and iirc I made the cartridge pouch and cap pouch. But they may have been bought along the way in the beginning as I have several bets setup up for different purposes.  Kepi and campian headgear, I used Earthwalker knee high boots and my va issue lace up diabetes boots.  I even have a saber and a pair s&w no2s.

at one time I was gonna build a saddle setup for a campaign for the costume contests but never got past the canteen and saddle bags.

Archived