SASS Wire Forum

Ripped off in Austin TX

4 hours ago, Stone Devers said:

Let me get this straight. You would go to the "thief's" house and get someone's license plate (since you don't know who the "thief" is) and then knock on the door asking about why he stole your money. 

First some basic questions.

Would you show up at his home armed? I mean since you know he's the thief. 

Do you have life insurance?  Since you don't know what he will do next and you are on his property and you are not the police. 

Is the policy paid up?

Can I be the beneficiary? 

We all like to play cowboy and think this is the old west but its not, also we're not the police. 

It's dangerous what you're proposing. Just plain and simple and can get you hurt or at the very least sued. Which would probably happen no matter what you found out in your investigation. 

This is only very indirectly related to CAS, "cowboy," or some idea of "cowboy fantasy".  I don't think it appropriate for you to try to transfer that onto Grass Range or interject it here, as it tends to make Grass Range appear foolish.  I think that is wrong.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cat Brules, SASS #14086 said:

This is only very indirectly related to CAS, "cowboy," or some idea of "cowboy fantasy".  I don't think it appropriate for you to try to transfer that onto Grass Range or interject it here, as it tends to make Grass Range appear foolish.  I think that is wrong.

Well it is foolish to go to a suspected thief's house. 

Don't you agree? 

I really cant believe this post that has nothing to do with the SASS Wire 

Has been allowed to go on this long 

Just saying   (as I did in the beginning)

Rooster.

1 hour ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I really cant believe this post that has nothing to do with the SASS Wire 

Has been allowed to go on this long 

Just saying   (as I did in the beginning)

Rooster.

I believe Allie Mo answered you once.

Just good info to follow for a lot of us.

Just saying

1 hour ago, Stone Devers said:

Well it is foolish to go to a suspected thief's house. 

Don't you agree? 

I wouldn't say "foolish".  I would certainly agree and say to the idea that, under the circumstances, given LE is now supposed to be involved (however vague and perhaps inattentive that may be right now), that going to the suspect location himself is inappropriate at this time.  That's what I would say.    I say, give it a while to play out and continue to make phone calls to the supposedly-involved agencies using arguments that pique their minds and interest.  They are not rocket scientists by any stretch, and it's a fact that citizen interest gets their attention.  

I suggest that unproven references to corruption and self righteous "when-I-was-a-boy" references to the never-was Cowboy Way just stop.

This topic is really about learning to recognize, avoid and maybe manage on-line rip offs experienced by members.  This particular topic is a real time problem being experienced by a member along with advice and experience of other members, inter spaced wit updates from the victim.  My advice is to let's keep this on that track and ignore the other references to dirty cops and other irrelevant digressions as this incident progresses.

Guest Grass Range #51406

Stone- I have done this before to collect for an out of state friend. Got his money for him.

2 minutes ago, Grass Range #51406 said:

Stone- I have done this before to collect for an out of state friend. Got his money for him.

You proved I was wrong. This is the old west.

I'm picking up my spurs with those little jingly bob thingies and play Good, bad and ugly on my phone to get me in the mood to do some collectin'

I'm out of this topic. Just unbelievable. 

This post has run its course and should be taken off - it's just comical now

300 Everhart Ln., Austin TX 78745 doesn't seem to exist.  I checked and there isn't even a street named Everhart in Austin or Travis County for that matter.  That would be the first clue.  Whomever you sent it to at that address, obviously doesn't have it.  Can you check the spelling of the street name?

55 minutes ago, Samuel Walker said:

300 Everhart Ln., Austin TX 78745 doesn't seem to exist.  I checked and there isn't even a street named Everhart in Austin or Travis County for that matter.  That would be the first clue.  Whomever you sent it to at that address, obviously doesn't have it.  Can you check the spelling of the street name?

Thats been covered already in an earlier post.  He misspelled it in his first post.  

16 minutes ago, Johnny Dollar said:

Thats been covered already in an earlier post.  He misspelled it in his first post.  

Well, then 300 Eberhart Ln., also doesn't exist.  As near as I can tell the lowest address in the 300 block on that street is 312.

17 hours ago, Wicked Wayne said:

Make it real EZ PZ for ya....

I reckon that translates into y'all just don't come back to this topic again, heah?

:-)

I'm very interested in seeing the outcome for OP.  Hopefully a good outcome.  In my case, when I was burned, I got nowhere until I got the FBI involved.  They found the perp and was able to walk him to Prison.  Didn't get my money back, but got the satisfaction of knowing he was dealt with in a proper manner.

11 hours ago, Samuel Walker said:

Well, then 300 Eberhart Ln., also doesn't exist.  As near as I can tell the lowest address in the 300 block on that street is 312.

Unfortunately, you are not correct.  I have seen it and it is a duplex with an A and B unit.

23 hours ago, Wicked Wayne said:

Hi Wayne,

Usually, when a thread becomes hopelessly insulting and rude, the Moderators will hide or lock it. I have not seen a persistent problem with this thread.

I suggest you don't open it if it bothers you. Also, it is best to use the Report link so that all of the Moderators will be notified of a problem. We will "talk" and act if needed.

Regards,

Allie

Archived