SASS Wire Forum

Remington Wheelgun Ammo

Looks like the same old stuff in new boxes.  .32 S&W, .38 S&W and .38 Short Colt are certainly not performance or target cartridges.  Looks like Remington ran off a batch of old low sales volume cartridges and slapped them in new boxes.  Advertising the advantages of Kleanbore priming is kind of silly.  Kleanbore has been used in Remington cartridtges since the 1920s.  I am glad they are making available a few cartridges for which ammo is getting pretty scarce.

43 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Looks like the same old stuff in new boxes.  .32 S&W, .38 S&W and .38 Short Colt are certainly not performance or target cartridges.  

Well, I need to take a partial exception to at least one of those.    I have found .38 S&W to be an incredibly accurate cartridge, even out of guns made over 125 years ago.   

:)

It is using a different lube process and they will hopefully be adding a 125gr 38 and 200gr 45 in the future geared closer for SASS. It's not reinventing the wheel but trying to have more of a focus on the revolver guys and not just the semi auto guys. 

From the ad:

New for 2017, the Remington Performance Wheelgun ammunition features high-quality components and Remington Kleanbore priming that will not rust or corrode barrels. Available in traditional revolver and lever gun bullet styles – lead round nose and lead semi-wadcutter.

I don't think they're going to get a lot of lever gun sales offering "lead round nose and lead semi-wadcutter. "

45 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

From the ad:

New for 2017, the Remington Performance Wheelgun ammunition features high-quality components and Remington Kleanbore priming that will not rust or corrode barrels. Available in traditional revolver and lever gun bullet styles – lead round nose and lead semi-wadcutter.

I don't think they're going to get a lot of lever gun sales offering "lead round nose and lead semi-wadcutter. "

Not supposed to.  Remember the box says Wheelgun.:P

Hmmm....

Would be cool if they were to put a round nose flat point on the .38 S&W.

But if they did that would be accurate and call it .38 Colt New Police?   I really would like to get some more brass with that headstamp.

Oh oh!   And hopped up 200 grain version labled .38-200!

1 minute ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Not supposed to.  Remember the box says Wheelgun.:P

So - their ad is a mite misleading ? ;)

6 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

They'll work in a Remington revolving rifle with a cartridge conversion.

And - you could single load them in a lever gun !

.32S&W killed King umberto from italy, President mckinley, and mayor of chicago, anton cermak... earning it the name "the assassins round" i would not want to be shot with one...

15 hours ago, Boggus Deal #64218 said:

And calling it "Wheelgun" kind of ruins it for me. Wheelguns have wheels towed around behind vehicles.....

I'm with you on this one,  my favorite was a 105 Howitzer.

BlackfootB)

14 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Not exactly easy on the wallet! $28 for .38 spl?!?!  And almost $35 for 45 Colt. If they were premium Self defense ammo, maybe, but plain old lead!?!?

thats why i got into reloading...

Archived