SASS Wire Forum

SPF Uberti Lightning carbine pump Lassiter tuned 38

SPF

I have a very nice Uberti Lightning carbine in 38/357.  I believe the barrel length is 22 inches (I will measure when I take pics tonight).  It has the octagon barrel and case receiver.

I believe that I have the box for it also.

The best thing is, it has been thoroughly gone through by one of the most respected Lightning mechanics in the business, Lassiter.

Although he tunes them to work with the 125 gr. RNFP at less than 1.450, this thing also runs great with 105 TC bullets at 1.420 (what I have loaded for my Carty Marlin).

The only negative (if you can call it that) is that it will not run with 357 rounds now.  With Lassiter's conversion, it will slam fire.

I can run it as fast as my lever gun (probably faster on dump targets), but not faster on normal sweeps.  I just feel more comfortable with the lever.  Besides, he did a Taurus for me also, and I am keeping that one if I ever feel the need to run a pump again.

I am thinking about $1475 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 (even California since I am a private owner).  I am thinking that is a fair price if you consider the price of the rifle and the price of the conversion, plus the turnaround time.  Just make sure ahead of time that your FFL holder will accept a rifle from a private individual. 

I will include a copy of my Indiana ID with the package for the transaction.

I will post pics when I get home from work tonight, and they will be here for everybody to see.

PM with any offers or other messages.  If you do not see "I'll take it" posted by anybody, it is still available.

Archived