SASS Wire Forum

NRA Convention

Anybody going to the NRA Convention this weekend?

I am off work on Friday and I have never been to one and I was trying to decide if I should shoot a match Friday/Saturday or go to the convention.

The match is 5.5 hours away with 80% chance of rain and the convention is 3 hours from the house.

Trump is scheduled to speak and I can still get tickets to see him on Friday and then walk the floor on Saturday.

Any Thoughts?

Maddog

I went to a couple years ago , Salt lake City in 1978 , I think , and one in Denver  in early 1980s. Was quite a treat for a country boy.

Think of it this way , you can go to a match every month , how often is the Convention close enough to attend.

Just my opinion , Rex :D

I drove through Atlanta last weekend.  If you do go, give yourself LOTS of time.  With those two highways messed up, the traffic will be even worse.  It took me much longer than anticipated.

Enjoy and let us know what you thought.  We went to Louisville last year and really enjoyed it.

Last year the convention in Louisville would have been great to attend. I just can't deal with the traffic in Louisville during a big event. There were hundreds of accidents every day and as much as I wanted to attend I'm glad I didn't.  In my opinion they should hold the events in places off the beaten path. Doing so would spur economic growth where it's needed and not line the pockets of liberal cities where they do hold them. Yes I'm aware they are trying to change minds

We'll be driving 10½ hrs to get there. We go every year.

I got a $10 ticket to go to listen to Trump at the Leadership Forum. All the close seats were sold out.  I checked and SASS will have a booth there this weekend.

I was trying to decide if I was just going to go on Friday and come home or get a room and go for Friday and Saturday. I got a room for $65 at the Ramada  and it appears to be close so I am going for both days. If anybody wants to get together, Pm me and I will send you my phone number. Maddog

Archived