SASS Wire Forum

the school business got me to remembering

Trigger Mike

the business i am having trying to get the school to stop taking one child word over another one as well as stop handing out recess detention and in school suspension like candy for minor offenses got me to remembering my own child hood and i may have figured out why i was partially influenced to be the way i am.  both of my sons teachers all tell me how horrible my sons are and how they bounce their pencils and talk in class and refuse to change despite constant recess detention just reminded me of exactly how i was in school.  I told the principle that her handing out ISS had turned the children numb to it and was useless now as well as recess detention.  I told the assistant principal that the more recess detention i got in school the worse i got and the more i refused to conform.  I told him that I loved ISS back then.  i told him if he wanted my son to do better they needed to give him some physical work to do during detention or ISS, not school work or he would never change.  I really wonder if the constant detention just helped teach me to be more stubborn and willing to resist authority.  the principal thinks it is her job to train my son, when that is my job.  there was no way i was going to change for a school and i doubt my sons do either.  Personally i hope they do not change due to the school.  i think i might have been able to pass airborne school and be an infantryman partially due to stubbornness.  40 years later i still hate school.  i learned to hate it sitting there during detention.  i got on the bad list and so did my sons, not for drugs or serious stuff but dumb stuff like talking and daydreaming.  i remember in the first grade they put masking tape on my mouth, hit my hand with a ruler, made me stand on one foot and other things and the more they did it the more i would find things to argue with them about like my favorite was driving the teacher mad by telling her there is no such letter as the letter "T".  i can still hear her frustration.  

Get them out and into private school.

we already enrolled them for a different school for next year so not really worried.  several parents are upset that the school will let another child get their child in trouble and assume guilt before the facts are in nor care what else might be going on.  mainly fighting for them.  i offered to get him out into another school this year but he said he can take the last month.  i just don't like them telling me it is their job to train my child and that I'm supposed to support them in everything they do.  i remember how much i still hate school because of the same things happening to me at his age.  their job is to teach math etc not raise them in their image.  

I imagine so but i already discussed with the new school everything he got in trouble for and they already explained how they are different, plus we have friends who grew up under the head of discipline there and they and their parents said he is great with children and not robotic in his approach.  

I might want to add that i doubt I'm hurting myself too bad since the Asst Principal wants me to buy a house and rent it to him.  He picked out the house he wants me to buy and he and i are negotiating the terms of the rent later today.  

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

You are not helping those kids with this public ranting.

PLEASE-get some help.

Respectfully,

OLG

Yes Please.

Counseling is confidential unlike the SASS Forum.

Archived