SASS Wire Forum

The things you hear at a Gun Store...

Pat Riot

Sometimes it's the "knowledgeable" people who are a bit off...

I've taken several kids through the Hunter Safety Course.  A few years ago I was sitting with two kids belonging to friends in a class of about forty.  My eyes glassed over when the lady presenter told the assembled students that, no matter what some people said, you can NOT shoot .38's out of a .357 magnum chambered firearm.  And the same held for shotguns - no WAY can you shoot 2 3/4" shells out of a shotgun with a 3" chamber.  Don't do it!  VERY dangerous! 

Uh...  :mellow:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they don't want children crossing calibers up and blowing themselves up. Understandable.

And it's just easier teaching them the golden rule than all of the exceptions to the rule.......

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Sometimes it's the "knowledgeable" people who are a bit off...

I've taken several kids through the Hunter Safety Course.  A few years ago I was sitting with two kids belonging to friends in a class of about forty.  My eyes glassed over when the lady presenter told the assembled students that, no matter what some people said, you can NOT shoot .38's out of a .357 magnum chambered firearm.  And the same held for shotguns - no WAY can you shoot 2 3/4" shells out of a shotgun with a 3" chamber.  Don't do it!  VERY dangerous! 

Uh...  :mellow:

I guess she got that a little backwards. :huh::D

This reminds of a CCW class I attended and the guy kept saying open carry when he meant concealed carry...there were some very confused looks until he realized what he was saying.

This same fella was demonstrating how people grab for their firearms and he kept doing this wierd thing flipping his hands all around like he was demonstrating "slap boxing" or something. He apparently did that way too often and when it came time to demonstrate a strong side draw he pulled the blue gun out of the holster and up and away it went. He wasn't having a good day....he flipped that thing right up and out and about 10 feet in front of him. I wish I would have had it on film. Without missing a beat he said "That is not how you draw a weapon. Let me show you the right way now" He was red as a beet. :lol:

Archived