SASS Wire Forum

Plum Creek Shooting Society shooting Saturday and Sunday May 6 and 7

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

Let's do some Cowboy Action and Wild Bunch shooting! The Plum Creek Shooting Society is not hosting the Battle of Plum Creek this year on the first weekend in May, but we decided to offer a 2 day shooting experience anyway!  Three weekends from now on May 6 and 7thwe will be shooting at the Agarita Ranch in Lockhart, Texas near Austin and San Antonio. (Directions at www.pccss.org )You can shoot Saturday, or Sunday, or (my favorite) both days.

Yes, we are shooting 6 stages of Cowboy Action Shooting on Saturday and another 6 stages of Cowboy Action along with 6 stages of Wild Bunch on Sunday. We will have mixed posses on Sunday with Cowboy Action shooters and Wild Bunch together, each with their own shooting scenarios. Round count on Saturday will be 60 pistol, 60 rifle, and 28+ shotgun. For Wild Bunch rounds plan on having 120 pistol, 60 rifle, and 28 shotgun.

Wild Bunch shooters! Worried that your Wild Bunch guns haven’t seen sunlight in awhile? Forgotten how to rack the slide on that 1911 cause it has been so long? Wishing you could stoke that shotgun at the loading table one more time? Well solve that problem by coming to join us on Sunday May 7.

Let’s make a party of it! It is a great time to do some camping at Plum Creek. I plan to be out there on Friday with my RV and make a weekend of it. Excellent way to relax after the shoot on Saturday with an adult beverage, a big campfire, and listening to the turkeys. Would love to see others join us. No RV, camper or tent? The hotel has two rooms for rent, and the bunkhouse is available as well. 

And no extra charge for any of this—just the regular shoot fees for monthly shoots plus whatever it might cost you for camping or lodging.

This event is three weekends away, so you have time to plan your visit and line up your weekend. Come join us on Saturday and Sunday, May 6 and 7, for some excellent Cowboy Action and Wild Bunch shooting.

See ya’ at the Agarita!

Archived