SASS Wire Forum

Sold PF Ruger Vaquero 44-40 SS 5 1/2"

For sale, as new Ruger Vaquero in 44-40.  Stainless, with 5 1/2" barrel.  No box or papers.  Has hard to find white factory grips.  Turn line is barely visible...this gun has not been modified, and has probably been fired less than a box of factory shells. Serial # indicates this is a 2001 made gun.  FTF in North Alabama, or FFL to FFL elsewhere.  Asking $600.  

vaq 1.jpg

By jiggity, this should sell fast.

:D

Good find. I bought one of these in '06 as part of a 3 gun deal; 2 1875 Remingtons and the Ruger for $630. I couldn't find another 5 1/2" stainless .44-40, so I eventually sold it. Then I found another one locally a year and a half ago for $450, and, once again, can't find a mate for it. THEN a cousin in Arkansas calls me up and tells me he just bought a .44-40 Vaquero from a co-worker, and I asked, "It wouldn't happen to be a 5 1/2" stainless, would it?" Yep, it is... and he WON'T SELL IT TO ME!! :mellow:

14 hours ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Good find. I bought one of these in '06 as part of a 3 gun deal; 2 1875 Remingtons and the Ruger for $630. I couldn't find another 5 1/2" stainless .44-40, so I eventually sold it. Then I found another one locally a year and a half ago for $450, and, once again, can't find a mate for it. THEN a cousin in Arkansas calls me up and tells me he just bought a .44-40 Vaquero from a co-worker, and I asked, "It wouldn't happen to be a 5 1/2" stainless, would it?" Yep, it is... and he WON'T SELL IT TO ME!! :mellow:

There's one on Gunbroker. 

I have a matched pair of 5 1/2" 44-40s in the safe that I have owned about 10 years and shoot regularly.  Was tempted to keep this one.  

On 4/19/2017 at 9:28 AM, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

There's one on Gunbroker. 

Good God, it's currently at $833, so the next bid will be five bucks more - $838 + $30 shipping + txfer fee - $25 in my case. So, with 8 hours still to go, $893 to my door... I don't think so.

On 4/23/2017 at 10:14 AM, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Good God, it's currently at $833, so the next bid will be five bucks more - $838 + $30 shipping + txfer fee - $25 in my case. So, with 8 hours still to go, $893 to my door... I don't think so.

It was reasonable when I looked at it. I agree, that's crazy money. 

Archived