SASS Wire Forum

Wet tumbling question

I am ready to start wet tumbling.  I have Frankfort tumbler kit, Mothers Carnauba Car Wash and Wax, just need to know which Lemi Shine to use.  Boost or Rinse?

Got easy on it.  I use about 1/2 of a 38 special case.  I believe that Lemi Shine changes the PH in the water so it makes good suds, if you use too much...dull cases.  I have a Thumblers Tumbler, when I open the top...suds flow out of the drum, but I have city water, you want to see good bubbles when you open the top.

We have very hard well water.  I used one tablespoon of Mothers Carnauba Car Wash and wax, and 1/4 teaspoon of Lemi Shine Boost.  There was lots of suds when I took the top of and the cases were bright and shiny.  Just got done putting then in the dehydrator.

Mothers Carnauba Car Wash and Wax?

Never heard of using car wash and wax for wet tumbling, what steered you in that direction?

I personally use dish detergent and scrubbing bubbles.

I found that when I looked through old threads on wet tumbling.  The most popular was Maguires, but we have Mothers on hand.  I did a batch last night and they came out very bright and clean, inside and out.  I had some very old range brass in there that was almost black, cannot tell which one they were, so I am very impressed.

1 hour ago, Cemetery said:

Mothers Carnauba Car Wash and Wax?

Never heard of using car wash and wax for wet tumbling, what steered you in that direction?

I personally use dish detergent and scrubbing bubbles.

The wash/wax not only cleans the brass it leaves a very thin coat of wax on it. This keeps the brass shinier longer and also provides a bit of lubrication during sizing. 

Guys, which Scrubbing Bubbles?  After seeing it listed as a primary ingredient in several recent posts, I went to Wally World to pick up a test bottle, only to find that there are 77 different versions of SB!  I just grabbed a bottle of Dawn.

Archived