SASS Wire Forum

Dropped the big one!

Dorado

So it was just announced that the US dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb ever made on an ISIS target in Afghanistan. MOAB, officially the GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast, it is also known as the Mother Of All Bombs.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-moab-mother-of-all-bombs-isis-afghanistan-2017-4

You can see one in action here.

Can't head for the hills if there's no more hill...

Biggest one we had in Nam was the Daisy Cutter at 15,000 lbs. Dropped by the same aircraft though, the miraculous C130 Hercules  ;)

8013.jpg

The Daisy cutter was the largest up until the MOAB. The MOAB holds over 21,000lbs of high explosives.

I am surprised that they did not FIRST drop about 50 of those penetrator-type bombs that go into the ground about 100' or so before exploding, then 20 minutes later or so, drop this MOAB air burst bomb to concuss and take out anything that the penetrators didn't kill, but flushed out.....plus anything on my he surface.  The real trick would be to follow it all up with more of the same the next day and the next.  Kill a year's supply of fighters, their supporting people (family, old men, wounded, clerics/propagandists, supply chain, material, equipment, supplies, whatevertheheck).......let God sort them out.  Sterilize the whole GD area.

4 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I dropped the big one a few minutes ago...but mine don't have a 1 mile blast radius.

Wanna bet...?  :rolleyes:

Beat ya to it, TS~!  :lol:

That is one Bad Motha-"shutcher mouth"...

I say we Shaft 'em again and again with these bad boys. I like Cat's idea...but I would be more inclined to make the area a sheet of glass but...

IMG_2554.JPG

Just how did they come up with this body count of 36?  Did they send in troops to count bodies after the bombing?  What about the terrorists that were vaporized near the epicenter of the blast? Did they just count up the smoking sandals and divide by 2.

12 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I dropped the big one a few minutes ago...but mine don't have a 1 mile blast radius.

OMG! Is THAT is why yer Dirty Dan ;)

(I was thinkin' the same thing, just couldn't not bring myself to write it.)

Proud to make yore acquaintance.  :D

I got a good chuckle out of that 'un. 

A big enough kaboom to collapse tunnels and flatten buildings to a you-wouldn't-believe-it distance.

Like the wise man said ... you gots to speaks da language dey unnerstands!

I run waste treatment plants, so when I saw the title of this thread I was thinking something different.................

53 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Didja notice the shape of the cloud that Motha left? Bet anyone outside the blast radius that saw this might have thought it was a nuke! :o

nonnuke was stressed so many times I wondered why?  Now I wondered if it wasn't a tactical nuke and the powers to be are lying to prevent political fallout.

11 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Just how did they come up with this body count of 36?  Did they send in troops to count bodies after the bombing?  What about the terrorists that were vaporized near the epicenter of the blast? Did they just count up the smoking sandals and divide by 2.

I'd guess the same way they did body counts in Viet Nam?

5 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

nonnuke was stressed so many times I wondered why?  Now I wondered if it wasn't a tactical nuke and the powers to be are lying to prevent political fallout.

Aw, probably not. Most people don't pay attention, but virtually any explosion on or near the surface will also produce a mini-mushroom cloud, depending on the conditions at the surface. OTOH...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Not a nuke. Trust me.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Most likely they had it under surveillance with a drone. Just counted the sheep going into the pen.

They have upped the body count to 92.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

They have upped the body count to 92.

I'm curious as well. Thermal imaging before and after?

Can they differentiate between people and goats?

Archived