SASS Wire Forum

Frankford Arsenal tumbler motor

Yusta B.

My first one lasted 15 years, the next two burned up in a few months. 

I bought the second one When it burned up they sent another free, but it burned up too. The must have switched motor providers.

Ive since switched to a Lyman tumbler.

Battenfeld Technologies Inc.
2501 LeMone Industrial Blvd
Columbia, MO 65201
(877) 509-9160 phone
((877) 446-6606 fax
sales@btibrands.com
Contact them - great service for broken products.  They replaced for free two kinectic pullers of mine that gave up the ghost

35 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I bought the second one When it burned up they sent another free, but it burned up too. The must have switched motor providers.

Kinda likewise here. Trying to resurrect my 12 y.o. beater tumbler. The motor bearing races are in a rubber collar and for some reason they developed enough slop to keep the motor from starting up - whood-a thunk it ? :D

Grainger - not even close.  These cartridge vibrator bowls are between the small size used in hand held electronics, and the big size used in industrial concrete vibrators and parts deburring bowls.  As well as they use mounting bolts thru the motor body than than mounting the motor via some sort of bracket around outside of motor.

Good luck finding anything except by going back through original production company (Battenfield)

GJ

Grainger - not even close real close from what I saw.  These cartridge vibrator bowls are between the small size used in hand held electronics, and the big size used in industrial concrete vibrators and parts deburring bowls.  As well as they use mounting bolts thru the motor body than than mounting the motor via some sort of bracket around outside of motor.

Good luck finding anything except by going back through original production company (Battenfield)

Well, more digging and thinking.  How about an old fridge evaporator fan motor?  Don't know that it would hold up doing duty as a vibrator (with a balance weight fastened to shaft), but if you had an old fridge laying around, it might be worth a try.  Probably have to fashion an adapter plate from the mounting screw pattern on motor to the mounting onto the bowl.  

Like https://www.amazon.com/Fasco-D1124-Refrigeration-Evaporator-Refrigerator/dp/B000BVJG7Q

Lots of work, unless you got nothing better to do....

GJ

2 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

+1 - gave up on Frankfort Tumblers - period  - they do not sell the parts last time I asked.  Harbor Freight died in just a few months.  Lyman is holding out quite well.

+++ on the Lyman.  My old tumbler, bought in around 1980, is still working perfectly.  Hard to beat that track record.

RBK

3 hours ago, Rio Brazos Kid said:

+++ on the Lyman.  My old tumbler, bought in around 1980, is still working perfectly.  Hard to beat that track record.

RBK

+1 on the Lyman! They just keep going year in and out! Actually picked up another Lyman last week at an estate sale I was at with my wife. Looks to be several decades newer than my other one! 

Yusta B

Pull out the bad motor and next time you're in Dallas take it over to Tanner Electronics on Valwood Pkwy just west of !-35

They're a Toy Store for electronic Geeks and sell just about every small electric motor ever made.

I'd bet they have exactly what you need....

If not, its fun just going in there and looking around!

If you ever feel the Need to build a Battle Robot, They're the Place :D

29 minutes ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Yusta B

Pull out the bad motor and next time you're in Dallas take it over to Tanner Electronics on Valwood Pkwy just west of !-35

They're a Toy Store for electronic Geeks and sell just about every small electric motor ever made.

I'd bet they have exactly what you need....

If not, its fun just going in there and looking around!

If you ever feel the Need to build a Battle Robot, They're the Place :D

And a pair of tickets to the original Woodstock!

2 hours ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

And a pair of tickets to the original Woodstock!

My old sleeping bag still has Mud stains on it from Woodstock.

And some other stains that I dont remember how the heck they got there :blush:

Archived