SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Morgun Play

With five targets set in a V shape, scenario was to start on the center target and shoot a Nevada sweep to the left, then to the right,  target sequence should have been 3-2-1-2-3-3-4-5-4-3.  With rifle I failed to double tap the middle target as I came back across.  All three spotters called me clean, the T.O, nor anyone on the whole posse caught it, including myself.  At he unloading table I jacked out the live round that had been sitting on the carrier and called to the score-keeper to give me a miss and a minor safety.  No one disagreed with my call, but now I wonder if I should have called a procedural as well?

Yep,

1)  You earned the P at the time you did not hit center target with a double tap as you were going to the right.

2)  You earned the round-not-fired because you only fired 9 rounds (if spotters or TO had helped you with "One More" instruction, you could have shot that round (on any target at this point) to not get a round-not-fired call).

3)  You also earned the MSV for live round left on carrier in open gun at end of string, which was earned as soon as you fired the next firearm or laid the rifle on the unloading table if rifle was (ugh) last.

(Hint - better count the rounds as you fire them, if the posse can't keep up with your speed.)

Good luck, GJ

Was your rifle the last firearm used in the stage scenario?   

AND.....

If so, did you remove your hand from your rifle at the ULT before you cleared that round off the carrier?

If the answer to the above is 'YES & NO', the Minor Safety does not apply.   Only a Miss for unfired rounds.

The 'P' call is subjective to your immediate awareness of the situation.   The discovery of the unfired round on the carrier and calling it to the attention of the ScoreKeeper would probably be enough to make any of us forget about a 'P' at that time.

BUT, never exclude the TO from these type situations and calls.   He/She needs to know whats going on.  And if I'm not mistaken, the Scorekeeper should only put down what the TO has instructed them to put on your score sheet.

But if you immediately knew that the 'P' was part of all your other penalties, then I would think its appropriate to make that call also.

..........Widder

23 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

What's the going rate for spotters in your part of the country?

;)

Its hard to find good free help these days! :D

56 minutes ago, Morgun Play said:

The spotters are free, I'd like to think they missed the call because they were dazzled by my speed, unfortunately that's just what I'd like to think.

That's why I switched to BP many years ago...they still charge me $5-$20 each per stage, depending on whether it's a monthly or annual match.

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Morgun Play said:

With five targets set in a V shape, scenario was to start on the center target and shoot a Nevada sweep to the left, then to the right,  target sequence should have been 3-2-1-2-3-3-4-5-4-3.  With rifle I failed to double tap the middle target as I came back across.  All three spotters called me clean, the T.O, nor anyone on the whole posse caught it, including myself.  At he unloading table I jacked out the live round that had been sitting on the carrier and called to the score-keeper to give me a miss and a minor safety.  No one disagreed with my call, but now I wonder if I should have called a procedural as well?

To my knowledge the Nevada sweep would not require a double tap on #3 unless the above sequence was actually written into the scenario. Otherwise, I would have thought 3-2-1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2. 'Ya still got the miss and possible safety penalties. I would of liked to see "double tap center" in the text as I know a Nevada sweep and may not have actually read the numbers. JMHO

4 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

To my knowledge the Nevada sweep would not require a double tap on #3 unless the above sequence was actually written into the scenario. Otherwise, I would have thought 3-2-1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2. 'Ya still got the miss and possible safety penalties. I would of liked to see "double tap center" in the text as I know a Nevada sweep and may not have actually read the numbers. JMHO

read the OP again,,, first a nevada sweep to the left,,,, and then one to the right,,,,  each starting on the front target.... 10 rounds

4 hours ago, Morgun Play said:

2 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

This indicates two distinct sweeps starting on center target to me. One in one direction starting on center target THEN one in the other direction starting on center target.

3 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Widder, you mean yes and no don't cha?

Howdy 'Hawk Eye' Griz.

I hit the 'POST' button just as I noticed my error.  It took me about 30 seconds to get back on to edit my error but you had already caught me.    Fetus would say something like..... "You got eyeballs sharper than a chicken hawk"...

..........Widder

OK Guys, You're right. I sure didn't read it that way--- several times! Hate when I post and then proved an idiot:lol:

32 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

OK Guys, You're right. I sure didn't read it that way--- several times! Hate when I post and then proved an idiot:lol:

Welcome to MY world !    :D:D

Sometimes everyone fails......you just hope it's not often.....lol. I got away with not shooting a pistol on a split pistol stage once. No one caught it and my time was really fast........everyone was impressed and I had the fastest time of the match by a good margin. It was short lived and things went south REAL fast at the unloading table though..........:o

Archived