SASS Wire Forum

Bond Arms Derringer Trigger Pull

Chief Rick

I've been offered a Snake Slayer with .45/.410 barrels for a very good price.

The trigger pull is horrendous!

Any easy fixes or would I need to send it to someone to have the trigger lightened/smoothed?

Contact Bond Arms for a lighter trigger return spring, or see previous Bond posts about easily available replacement springs.  

Make sure you pull straight back (even downward a little) from the very tip of trigger.  Pulling upwards on the trigger makes the pull real bad.

See other posts on this: 

Derringer Question

Slicking Bond Derringer

Good luck, GJ

Rick I can give you advice on the trigger next time I see you, there are a couple of options, the best I think is to keep the spring that's in it, they can still be a little stiff after the spring work, just depends on the gun, some are better than others, but you can get it a lot better than it is now...see you soon...CoJack

3 hours ago, COLORADO JACKSON said:

Rick I can give you advice on the trigger next time I see you, there are a couple of options, the best I think is to keep the spring that's in it, they can still be a little stiff after the spring work, just depends on the gun, some are better than others, but you can get it a lot better than it is now...see you soon...CoJack

Thanks CoJack!  See ya at Hell Fire.

5 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Contact Bond Arms for a lighter trigger return spring, or see previous Bond posts about easily available replacement springs.  

Make sure you pull straight back (even downward a little) from the very tip of trigger.  Pulling upwards on the trigger makes the pull real bad.

See other posts on this: 

Derringer Question

Slicking Bond Derringer

Good luck, GJ

Thanks GJ.

• 1 month later...

All Bond derringers now come with the "competition" springs and newer triggers.  It wasn't just the spring that they changed, they changed the trigger as well.  You can send an older model to them and they can retro-fit it with the new "stuff".

On both the older models as well as the newer models, proper trigger technique is required for a decent trigger pull.  When I got mine, I thought the trigger pull was horrendous.  If you pull straight back, you will have a horrendous trigger pull.  If you pull back and DOWN simultaneously, the trigger pull will lessen about 50%.  It has to do with the pivot point of the trigger.

After learning that the top barrel shoots higher than the bottom barrel, and learning how to tell before-hand which barrel is going to fire first, and a little practice learning the proper sight picture compensation at different distances, and proper trigger technique, I now have no problem keeping both rounds in the 10-ring @ 25 yards with my 45 Colt CA model.  (The CA model does not accommodate 410 shot shells, and has more rifling).

BOND 45 COLT.jpg

Archived