SASS Wire Forum

Answer for Seldom Seen

Miss Allie Mo closed and locked the thread before I could answer your questions.  The name of the matches and competitors are really of no relevance, as I stated before it tends to cast a poor light on both the match and the shooter.  The reason the loads were tested for power factor was that there was a challenge by someone concerning the ammo being used.  The ammo did not have much more sound to it than a squib.  This happened at two different matches with two different shooters; as I was a TG at that time also I was asked to be a witness to the testing.  We used the procedure set forth by SASS for determining power factor.  In both cases the ammo was found to be in compliance.

Twice I have been involved with a challenge to the smoke level of a shooter's ammo.  Two different matches, one I was again asked to be a witness, the other I was the match director.  Both times it was the same shooter and he did not meet the smoke level either time.  His loads made very marginal smoke, and looked and sounded more like smokeless rounds.

These things happen more often than most of us think, and are really no ones business but those involved.  I stand by my earlier statement that it is not polite or the cowboy way to call someone a liar without having facts to back it up. 

I'd also mention to Seldom Seen that various surgeries mean nothing if you compare yourself to someone like Old Dead Eye.  Two prosthetic legs, one eyed, missing one thumb and part of an ear and yet he did everything required during the crazy early days of SASS.   He will ALWAYS be the benchmark for me as to what is possible as a shooter.

1 hour ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

I'd also mention to Seldom Seen that various surgeries mean nothing if you compare yourself to someone like Old Dead Eye.  Two prosthetic legs, one eyed, missing one thumb and part of an ear and yet he did everything required during the crazy early days of SASS.   He will ALWAYS be the benchmark for me as to what is possible as a shooter.

Which is exactly my point about not using a handicap or in this case multiple handicaps from playing the game the same as everyone else instead of dumbing it down.

I miss Ole Dead Eye!!!  a gem in the rough he was!!!

Archived