SASS Wire Forum

Lawyer Humor

Subdeacon Joe

Good thing my coffee hasn't finished brewing.

Oh how I wish that was true!:angry:

Just to be fair, knowing that there will probably be a plethora of lawyer bashing jokes I did a search on Pro Lawyer Jokes...there weren't any. :D

Seriously...there weren't any. <_<

I have only needed the services of a lawyer twice in my life. Once for a real estate transaction in NC - Lawyers do the closings there. The second was for a civil case. I was darned happy I called her and was happy to pay her fees in the end.

But there are a lot of funny lawyer jokes out there...just none that were "pro lawyer".

There are a few "good news/bad news lawyer jokes....

:-)  :-(

Feller went to see a lawyer about suing a neighbor.

The lawyer told him he couldn't represent him because he had been hired by the other party, but knew another lawyer and would give him a note to take to him, to introduce him.

The feller took the note, but was curious about what the note said, so he opened it to read it.

It read:

"Here's two fools fallen out with one another.

You fleece  one and I'll fleece the other,

And make them agree like brother and brother."

First feller showed the second the note and they decided to settle out of court. 

The biggest lawyer joke that I know of is on them.  I read a report recently that the number of law schools and people graduating with law degrees has more than doubled in the past twenty years.  This aligns with the growth in our local schools.  These people are graduating with a degree and a hefty student loan into an industry where lawyers can work into their eighties.  The report said that the hire rate for recent grads may be as low as 50-60%.

I guess the govmint is going rescue them by making more laws that need more lawyers to defend us from.

So, just how do you tell if a lawyer is lying?

When their lips move!:lol:

What's the difference between a lawyer and a vampire?

One is a blood-sucking demon from the very depths of hell.

The other can't go out during the daytime.

A huge percentage of law school graduates never practice law.  My daughter is one.

But if you want someone to search a complicated title, I will give you her webpage.

She told me about one of her searches.

She: the title is flawed, they do not own the land.

They: can you just sign it off like the last search?

She: NO

I am proud of her.  She passed the bar in three states before deciding not to "practice"

On April 9, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Tom Bullweed said:

The biggest lawyer joke that I know of is on them.  I read a report recently that the number of law schools and people graduating with law degrees has more than doubled in the past twenty years.  This aligns with the growth in our local schools.  These people are graduating with a degree and a hefty student loan into an industry where lawyers can work into their eighties.  The report said that the hire rate for recent grads may be as low as 50-60%.

I guess the govmint is going rescue them by making more laws that need more lawyers to defend us from.

The unemployable 40% to 50% will enter politics.

A gang of robbers broke into a bar association headquarters, expecting the place to be deserted, but instead stumbled into a cocktail party of the membership.  Sensing an opportunity for an even larger haul, they started to shake down the assembled lawyers.  But the lawyers gave them the fight of their life, and the gang was very happy to escape.

"It ain't so bad," one crook noted. "We got $300 between us."

The ringleader screamed: "I warned you to stay clear of lawyers -- we had $500 when we broke in!"

From Grandson #2, at the age of 8:

In the road,, a dead snake and a dead lawyer.  What's the difference?

There are screech marks in front of the snake.

On April 9, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

A huge percentage of law school graduates never practice law.  My daughter is one.

But if you want someone to search a complicated title, I will give you her webpage.

She told me about one of her searches.

She: the title is flawed, they do not own the land.

They: can you just sign it off like the last search?

She: NO

I am proud of her.  She passed the bar in three states before deciding not to "practice"

Please PM to me her website.  I have a friend embroiled I a complicated land dispute, where title is confusing.

Thanks,

Cat Brules

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:25 PM, DocWard said:

What's the difference between a lawyer and a vampire?

One is a blood-sucking demon from the very depths of hell.

The other can't go out during the daytime.

That's a good'un... close to the one I was gonna tell...

~~~~~

What's the difference twixt a lawyer... and a carp?

Well... one of 'em is a scum-suckin' bottom-feeder... and the other is a fish.

~~~~~

With all due respect to my petti-foggin', pencil-necked... barrister friends... on this forum... includin' one who has helped me out a couple of times, J. Mark... <-- he's good.

ts 

Last winter it was so cold, I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.     GW

Archived