SASS Wire Forum

Don Rickles Passed

Smoken D

When I was a kid I remember everybody loved to hate Don Rickles. I thought he was hilarious.

One of my favorite movie lines of his:

Another:

I miss his humor, but today pretty much all of it would offend someone instead of taking it as joke as was meant. RIP Don.

Howdy,

I had to check, Wagon Train and Wild Wild West were his western TV shows.

Much later added his touch to The Unit.

For a while I didn't get his humor, then I couldn't get enough of it.

RIP.

Best

CR

He made a lot of people laugh. On purpose. That's a pretty good epitaph.

They just don't make em like they used to. Dad loved him, I remember all of us kids being gathered in the tv room to watch him.

RIP Mr. Rickles! I'll never forget him on the Johnny Carson show! What a cutup he was! Loved his style of humor!!:lol:

:ph34r:  My all-time favorite line of his, and an absolutely brilliant, off-the-cuff ad lib was during a live stand-up routine.  Time was during height of Vietnam conflict, and during Christmas holiday season.  Bob Hope walked in the back of the audience, trying to be unobtrusive.  But Don spotted him and hollered at him loudly, "Hey, what's goin' on?  Is the war over?"

Eyesa Horg is correct, and we are fortunate to have lived in a time when we could enjoy and appreciate his talents without a bunch of idiots protesting and whining about it.

He was a 'Hockey Puck'..... :lol:

I say that respectfully because it was one of his phrases that made me laugh.

I actually remember him most from an Andy Griffith episode where he was Newton 'Newt' Munroe.  He had a line that was so funny in the scene where he said something like..... "I'm not inept,  I'm ept".    

RIP Don and thanks for the laughs, especially where we could laugh at our own self.  

..........Widder

No critic, however thoughtful, could quite explain Mr. Rickles’s durability in show business, given that until the end of his career he was peppering his act with slurs and stereotypes long out of favor. And yet he not only got away with it, but he also flourished.

Our kind of guy, never PC.

Archived