SASS Wire Forum

.32 S&W BP reloading info

Nota John, SASS #51089L

Hello pards,

I am in need of some loading info. Will be loading for a BP frame top break revolver. My 1900 Sears catalog reprint states this revolver requires BP cartridges. I have disassembled some smokeless loads, and charged the cases with the amount of 3F as called for in the Sears catalog. It appears that the charge is less than would be compressed when the bullet is seated. I somehow remember a while ago that there was mention that corn meal could be used above the BP charge to fill the case enough to allow compression when the bullet is seated. An additional factor is that the pulled bullets have a cupped base similar to a Minie Ball base, therefore I assume that the additional filler needs to offset this cupped base. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much. Nota

We are not allowed to post loading info here 

I would point you to Cascity.com Powder Room .

THe .32 S&W holds so little powder just fill it up and seat the bullet.  If your revolver is so crappy it cannot handle a "full" :wacko: charge of BP then it is not safe to shoot.  The case volume and powder charge are so small don't get overly concerned about compression.  The original load was only about 9 grains of BP and that was in a ballon head case.  You probably cannot get 9 grains in a modern case.

Archived