SASS Wire Forum

Saturday Night... Open Music Thread....

Tennessee Stud

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, since this thread has been about girls, and all my songs here so far has been about the same girl, over a period of time, here's another one for her:

:-)

"Sister Golden Hair" - 1975

20 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

I gotta admit Stud....yu got sum pretty gud taste in music!;);)   I been havin' a ruff time lately....yer posts and these songs did git a smile on my face this afternoon.....:wub:

Not sure 'bout my taste in music.  But you deserve a "royal" treatment.  You come out on the Wire... amoungst us boys... and play as hard as we do.  Maybe just a lil' less hard than the fine Marshal, Ms. Mo.  But you deserve a healthy dose of respect and admiration.  You realize there ain't many wimmen folks like you... other than that nice-lookin' lady, Calamity Kris... that comes out and gives us boys all heck if we deserve it.

Nobody really realizes how rotten men can be.  You know my son helped me post that original song on this thread... by the Atlanta Rythm Section.  But shortly afterards... I heard him walkin' roung the house... singin' a distorted first-verse to that good song...

"As i walked into the room... there was doo-doo in my hair."  Good grief... then I commence to hearin' my woman holler out at him... "HUSH-UP NASTY BOY!".   I didn't need to say a word... she verbally clobbered his butt.  Wonder how both him and his brother got them deviated thoughts?  Since I am normal-like... could not have come from me.

But the woman's holler... made me think of this song...

ts

20 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

I gotta admit Stud....yu got sum pretty gud taste in music!;);)   I been havin' a ruff time lately....yer posts and these songs did git a smile on my face this afternoon.....:wub:

Well... this is another take on that Redbone song that I posted... not sure what day I posted it.  Time is somewhat distorted in my head...

Anyway... this ought to make you smile.  Christopher Walken... dancin' to the "Come and Get Your Love"...

This guy is marvelous.... his dexterity makes me smile, as well as his musical interpretation...  not unlike John Revoltin' way back in the Saturday Night Fever craze....

ts

I like Austalia, too.... wished I could go back.  Just a long flight over... couldn't make it over there now.  Besides... they would not let me on-board... me bein' on the "no-fly" list.  And with these infirmary-required problems.

Like California... hate their politics... but love their countryside...

ts

Well... don't know what else to post... since my body is making me leave... other than to insufferable football fans... who... need something to keep them goin'...

Two drinkin' songs from a man I have met many times... George Thorogood... he's a friend, came in through the back door that way.  Back then, I was livin' in Camden, NJ... workin' in Newark... and runnin' piggy-backs over on the rails in Hoboken.  I was good at it.  Could back more trailers in 12 hours.. and make $2k a night.. than anybody else.  But I have always been good at steerin' from behind. 

For some reason, George thought I was workin' directly for a loser named Little Nicky over in Philly.  shhesshh...I was such a dirt-grunt... a nobody.   Met him at a late-night diner.  Can't be sure that his real name, George Thorogood... I don't really care... never have met many folks and knew their real names... it just don't seem natural to give yore real name.  Don't want to say nomore... dam.  But he shouldn't been worried 'bout some small bastage like me.  He shoulda been really worried 'bout the Pollack... a great big guy that was later known as the Iceman.  Now he was mean.

George Thorogood still knows me... he is a tee-totaller... fer sure.  He called me back in September 2016.

Dam... gotta go... sometimes... my life... don't seem worth livin'. 

Two songs...

ts

Had to post this one.  George always said that I was bad to the bone.... but he always liked me.  Never did anything in his presence... that caused him to think otherwise.  Suspect some idiots told him that I helped bury Hoffa.  Never did the sort....  Hoffa weren't worth buryin'...

This song is dedicated to Rudolph William Louis Giuliani... now there was a guy that was worse than the Pollack.

ts

"Wonderful World" - 1960

Sam Cook

Since I was posting to people that care about him, he mentioned this song for the motorcycle riders out there.  He also said that he wished he could be with you.

Just going to tell you people, this second posting is not going to last.  I am not going to do it, but sadly, God will.  Anybody know him?  Anybody owe him money?  Does he owe you any money?  Please send something to verify.  He seems to think that people here walks on water.  I do not think so.

19 minutes ago, Tennessee Stud said:

He seems to think that people here walks on water.  I do not think so.

I'm not guilty of that feat....only Jesus did that.......

(YouTube won't let me imbed these versions of this tune, so I reckon you'll have to click the links; it's worth it  This tune also reminds me of my lost one........)

==========
"Ol' '55"
Tom Waits - (originally recorded 1973)

==========
"Ol' '55"
The Eagles - 1974

===========
"Ol' '55"
Sass Jordan - 2010

13 minutes ago, Cat Brules, SASS #14086 said:
(YouTube won't let me imbed these versions of this tune, so I reckon you'll have to click the links; it's worth it  This tune also reminds me of my lost one........)

==========
"Ol' '55"
Tom Waits - (originally recorded 1973)

==========
"Ol' '55"
The Eagles - 1974

===========
"Ol' '55"
Sass Jordan - 2010

My Dad said to help you out.

Been one HELL of a week's time!!  Five days in the hospital.  Looks like a shark ate half the bottom of my left foot!!  Reckon I'll post up the theme song of those gettin' their A$$ES kicked!!

21 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Been one HELL of a week's time!!  Five days in the hospital.  Looks like a shark ate half the bottom of my left foot!!  Reckon I'll post up the theme song of those gettin' their A$$ES kicked!!

Sorry to hear you're having a rough go.  You are in our prayers.  Please let us know how you are doing.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Am so myoptic... didn't see this.  Sure hope you are better, or gettin' there.

ts 

Shouldn't have stayed up this late...  my Momma would fuss at me...

Two by Three Dog Night....

Ya'lll know what that means... "three dog night"?  It means that it is that cold out... you will sleep with three dogs instead of two... real COLD.

ts

My band is doing this one now.  Seems awfully current.  :unsure: :angry: 

We're doing this one too.  Fits right in!!:rolleyes:

Well... playin' this 'cause tomorrow... I will be lookin' up to my own personal Saviour.  Not this guy singin'... but he makes me think of all my sins of the past.  Sometimes... I wonder how I am still alive...

ts

Archived