SASS Wire Forum

I miss Drivel......

Calico Mary

I miss the drivel threads.....wordy words are ok....but the whole point of those is not saying much.....not that we ever said much in Drivel, but we sure talked a lot.....

What did everyone else do today?  I got all the pieces (except the skirt ruffle) cut for my new outfit....emerald green satin evening bodice and underskirt, black satin overskirt, will have black lace on the front apron of the overskirt, and black trim on the bodice and underskirt.  Still trying to decide on what style ruffle I want on the bottom of the underskirt, that's why it's not cut yet.....now for pining then I can start sewing.....

Anybody do anything more exciting than that?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took Bitterroot Jake's '97 down to Willy McCoy to get tuned up and dropped off my 5 1/2" '75s to have the grips done.  

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

I got all the pieces (except the skirt ruffle) cut for my new outfit....emerald green satin evening bodice and underskirt, black satin overskirt, will have black lace on the front apron of the overskirt, and black trim on the bodice and underskirt.  Still trying to decide on what style ruffle I want on the bottom of the underskirt, that's why it's not cut yet.....now for pining then I can start sewing.....

That sounds exactly like the outfit I'm wearing this weekend at Tusco.

I ran a wastewater plant. Smashed my hand doing a job somebody else was too lazy to do. He made my craplist.... It rained all night and most of the day. Very high flows at the plant. I'm here now running it so I don't have to give lazyman any overtime.

Stopped home and had a nice supper. Tracey had porkchops coming off the grill for me when I pulled in. It was kinda funny seeing her under an umbrella in the hail and rain cooking me supper. God I love that woman. And no, I didn't laugh about it until she did.

10 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

I'z sure yu'll look good in green and black, but what style iz yer dress?  mine is natural form, but I almost went with early bustle....

Not sure but I like to show a lot of leg.

Well, I went to work early but the highlight of that was I got to ride my bike. It was cold but that's no biggy...just go faster and get there sooner to warm up. :D

Was really busy so time flew. The day turned out nice. The ride home was great. 

I came home and checked out my guns for this Saturday's match at Molalla River Rangers and I wrapped the lever of my '92.

It took me 4 attempts to get it right but it came out real nice. I think I am ready for the match so I don't have to hustle in the morning to get stuff together. Tomorrow evening I will go over and help set up targets and hopefully have dinner with some of the MRR Pards and Pardettes. :)

...and I am having Nachos for dinner. Pretty darn good day, if I must say so myself. 

2 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

I miss the Drivel...

Give us a description and well help look for him...or her?

1 minute ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Give us a description and well help look for him...or her?

about 5' 5".....brown hair, green eyes.....full of crazy meaningless chatter.....do that help?

I don't thinks folks really appreciate what my mind comes up with so I just sit quietlike with a drink. Then the drink(s) hit and, well, I either make good friends or bad enemies cause I tend to talk a mite..

2 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

I miss the drivel threads.....wordy words are ok....but the whole point of those is not saying much.....not that we ever said much in Drivel, but we sure talked a lot.....

What did everyone else do today?  I got all the pieces (except the skirt ruffle) cut for my new outfit....emerald green satin evening bodice and underskirt, black satin overskirt, will have black lace on the front apron of the overskirt, and black trim on the bodice and underskirt.  Still trying to decide on what style ruffle I want on the bottom of the underskirt, that's why it's not cut yet.....now for pining then I can start sewing.....

Anybody do anything more exciting than that?

I tuned a piano, then went to the indoor range and shot my Colts and 73 to get 'em ready for Saturday!

Please Seamus don't wear a skirt Saturday!!!!:unsure:

I killed my phone this morning by dropping it on a hard floor; been spending all day trying to get into websites that demand a new password because they don't recognize me on a new device.

if given the choice, I would prefer a colonoscopy.

:ph34r:

Thanks fer the drinks, CM. Had granddaughter today, Kylie. Was watchin rodeo news this morning, several bull rides. She started purposely fallin off her chair. Took her ouside this afternoon to see the horse and Democrats, (donkeys). she had a ball. She'll be 2 on Sunday.

I need to get ready for Saturday too. Kaya is going to try to shoot but we will see how it goes. Wish she was 2 again!

Got up this morning made a quick breakfast and got to work on time. Been sitting at my desk since 11am and teaching the same maintenance class to 11 different groups today. I should be done about 1:00am and then I have to be up early to drive to Illinois from Alabama as my son is on spring break and at the farm in Southern Illinois. Tomorrow he wants me there asap ( by noon and it is a 6 hour drive) so he can drive my truck and it will be his first driving lesson with me since he got his drivers permit.

Wish me luck as I am certain I will be needing a bottle or 2 by tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I took Bitterroot Jake's '97 down to Willy McCoy to get tuned up and dropped off my 5 1/2" '75s to have the grips done.  

I spent a little time trying to put the correct 'negative cant' into my 97 buy working on the stock.

I want it to sit perfect on my shoulder/cheek and squeeze out all the speed I can get outta The Enchantress.

..........Widder

No ma'am... guns don't care who they are against.  Take my word for it.  It's them bullets that are unleashed... that you have to worry bout.

Spose... you would look good... to any gun.

You got nothing to worry bout... or to rail against.

ts

Went to work. Outlined two board meeting agendas, messed on the wire, scanned facebook, looked at a couple sale boards, went home, brought some fire wood to the house in the rain because winter won't quit. Dinner, beer, now Swamp People and you.  Best I can do with what I've got.

2 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

practice is such a UGLY word

And we know LOTS of ugly words!! :lol:

We don't use the W word that implies labor in a drivel thread!!!

Archived