SASS Wire Forum

nurse said going to have to wait it out

Trigger Mike

My doctor has Sunday hours which comes in handy.  I went Sunday and they gave me Tamiflu for the flu i have.  nurse said today since my fever is still the same night as well stop taking it and just wait it out.  take tylonol and ibuprofen .  i wonder how long this misery last?  

the good news:  my wife said she misses me.  

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I think I would find another doctor...A lengthy fever is not a good thing.

Yes, I would.

Drink lots of water.....or beer.

:-)

There is a nasty VIRUS going around so meds will not treat it. Doctors Office, Immediate Care Clinics and E.R.'s are swamped with sick patients. Rest in bed, drink plenty of fluids and take Tylenol.

I felt lot's better after I heaved my insides out..... I have not been that sick in a decade, even after drinking with Billy the Avenger! It will pass but you will not be up to snuff for a couple weeks after. Good luck, lot's of rest and fluids.

1 hour ago, Shootin' Shu said:

Flu shot?

This years flu shot did not work. They guessed wrong, and it takes 2 weeks for a flu shot to be effective. Can't wait till you get the flu and then get the shot. It's a nasty virus and it's best for those that are ill to just stay home and keep it to themselves.

i stay home and in my room by myself.  my wife drops in to feed me and feel me up to see if i have a fever.  (i ask her to several times a day, "feel me up to see if I have a fever) i get her to feel my face, head, arms, chest and grin.  she sleeps on the couch.  i wake up thinking i feel better but by noon the fever starts going back up.  taking alma seltzer severe cold isn't working neither is nyquil flu.  

Archived