SASS Wire Forum

Dueling tree

I just finished building my dueling tree.  The end result, it turned out really good.  Going to paint it today.  It should make going to the shooting range a lot more fun than just punching holes in paper.   Next week, if it ever stops raining, I will be going to the range and bust some caps on it.    Tried to post some photos.............couldn't

Be mindful of ricochets from your dueling tree. 

One of the ranges I frequent had one where the vertical was a piece of heavy piece of angle with the point of the "V" facing the shooter.

If a person hit the angle and the bullet was deflected onto the actual target it would throw the round about 50 to 100  yards parallel to the firing line.

Those rounds were landing several bays over. I know because I could hear them impacting the weeds and brush along the top of the berm.

Thanks for the heads up.  The range I will be using are bermed on three sides.   I don't know how the dueling tree was constructed at your range.  I was advised to put a forward angle on the target angle iron to deflect shots to the ground if the target was hit or the angle iron...I put a18 degree forward angle hopefully this would deflect all shot towards the ground, instead of down range.  That is the general idea, I hope it works.

Archived