SASS Wire Forum

garand 22

Trigger Mike

i just had to buy one and at first it jammed, mostly due to the magazine not bringing the next round up, so i cleaned everything again, and fiddled with the magazine a little and got it working just fine.  my 11 year old son asked to try it and without even properly seating the rifle and sighting it in with care he rapidly fired 10 rounds into a scrub oak 30 yards away and hit every one.  he was amazed.  tried it again but took aim and did as well this time though 1 missed.  overall pleased with the rifle.  if you decide to get one you will be glad.  I even talked my daughter into trying it and she never shoots anymore and she hit the scrub oak.

Seriously? They make a .22 Garand?

How cool is that...Who makes it? Does it have a "clip"?

Yes, I know about Google...

the ruger 10-22 magazine is glued to a piece of metal that makes it look just like the bottom of a garand.  it will take normal 10-22 magazines.  it is heavy like a real one.  it will also take the ruger bx25 magazines 

Darnit... where's the bayonet lug...?   :mellow:

How's a fella gonna get along without a bayonet on his .22 ...?   :rolleyes:

Kulshan, Howdy, from what I have read today the receivers are "like" the 10/22 but are made in house at Kingston Armory. They are an all steel 4140 receiver that operates similarly to a 10/22.

39 minutes ago, Tom Bullweed said:

$699 at a nearby gunshop.

I am not sure what the right price should be, but it seems awefully close to the price of a real one.

Yes, it sure does. The ones I saw on line run about the same.

Archived